- United States
- Date Posted
- Sep. 21, 2021
- Professional Services
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the role:
Confluent is seeking a strong and passionate educational visionary to lead and grow the Global Education Department. The ideal candidate will be an educational pioneer, capable of transforming Confluent’s education business and growing the demand for event streaming services in the market through innovative, world-class education programs. In this role you will collaborate with our c-suite, business development, customer success, and marketing leaders to execute on all educational strategies.
To be successful in this role you will need an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to communicate educational vision in an energizing and inspirational way. High EQ and exceptional interpersonal skills will help you establish strong partnerships and develop a high-performing team.
About the Customer Solutions Group team:
Love technology and care about customers? We do! The CSG team consists of smart people who are passionate about earning our customer’s love and helping them realize business value from their Confluent software. We’re journey obsessed, proactively guiding customer success motions. We’re value-oriented, opinionated and provocative, innovative thought leaders who work together to win as a team. We’re geeks with a heart who get to work with very cool software at some of the biggest and most innovative companies in the world..
What you can expect to work on:
- Educational Business Strategy: Aligning to C-level and company initiatives. Driving education as a core tenant in Confluent’s mission. Setting and managing goals and P&L to balance the business needs
- Content and Curriculum Development: Working across Confluent departments to establish an enterprise content strategy and development engine. Oversee development of an iterative, on-demand content portfolio capable of numerous delivery uses. Build, maintain, and continually evolve and enhance curriculum and learning paths across multiple personas
- Certifications Strategy: Establish and oversee the development of a multi-tiered, multi-persona certification strategy
- Education Operations and Governance: Guiding best-in-class operations across content development processes, delivery and certification participant scheduling, infrastructure and educational delivery systems, and financial performance reporting. Guiding a multi-channel education content delivery program including e-learning, video, instructional design, and delivery (private, public, virtual), as well as through educational partners organizations.
- Talent Development, Coaching, and Mentoring: Building a high-performing team of smart, humble, and empathetic education professionals
- Community Building: Working with Marketing, develop a community of education champions advocating for Confluent’s vision
Required experience and skills:
- Demonstrated success in delivering global-scale education programs
- Previous experience introducing e-learning/distance learning initiatives
- The ability to lead a dispersed, predominantly remote-based global team
- Proven success meeting quarterly goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including storytelling
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology start-up
- Experience working in an open-source technology/community environment
- Experience working in an agile software development team and familiarity with scrum best practices
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.