- Date Posted
- Sep. 1, 2021
- Professional Services
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Do you love technology and care about customers? We do! The Customer Success team is comprised of smart people who are passionate about helping our customers use Confluent’s software, from helping customers architect the right solution, to making sure they understand the technology and also supporting them if there are issues. We’re geeks with heart who get to work with very cool software and some of the biggest and most innovative companies around the world.
About the role:
As Practice Manager for Central EMEA you will help organisations navigate the significant transformation associated with adopting a streaming platform, while helping to build the professional services team at Confluent. You will engage across the lifecycle of our customers to align business outcomes, ensuring clear success criteria, and assess customer success. This role will mentor and lead within Professional Services as well as align with strategic delivery partners within a region.
What you will do:
- Your key focus will be the success of our customers.
- You will lead our team of exceptional Architects and Engineers as they build their careers creating class leading real time event driven data infrastructures.
- Manage bookings, revenue, margins, and satisfaction targets. Create and drive legal terms agreements for your customers. Engage with stakeholders across the customer organization from C-level / VP to Architects and program managers. Build initial services direction, ensure customer success and satisfaction, and contribute to account and regional growth plans.
- Participate in Confluent product and sales strategy conversations affecting customers in your region.
- Strengthen Confluent success across your customer base by developing strong delivery partner executive relationships and awareness of partner delivery capabilities.
What We’re Looking For:
To really succeed in this role you will need to understand the technical challenges of building a distributed data infrastructure, we will not be asking you to spin up Kafka clusters yourself but you will need to know what this entails.
- Experience overseeing enterprise-level IT delivery projects (10+ years or equivalent capability).
- Experience selling enterprise IT delivery services (2+ years or equivalent capability).
- Demonstrated success in building and developing remote delivery teams including resource management, performance assessment, and career/growth planning.
- The role will be largely customer-facing, so exceptional interpersonal communications capabilities are vital.
- You will travel to customer sites and lead engagements that include working with business executives, enterprise architects and engineering/design management personnel from the customer.
- Ability (and willingness) to travel up to 50% of the time to client sites to support sales opportunities and existing customer relationships. As you will cover the central region including the DACH countries business fluent spoken and written German is essential.
- This role can be done remotely but you must be based in Germany with the right to work in Germany
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.