- United States
- Date Posted
- Dec. 9, 2021
- Professional Services
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Opportunity:
This role will be responsible for Professional Services & Education (PS&E) contracts/deal reviews and collaboration with the legal team on contracts templates. The role will reside in the PS&E Operations team and act as the key point of governance and enablement for PS&E contracts. Working PS&E presales, legal, and deal desk to quickly respond to deals and customer negotiations.
This position reports to the Director, Strategy & Operations - Professional Services & Education
What you’ll achieve:
- Own the PS&E deal review process
- Draft and review a broad range of PS&E agreements Advise on all aspects of those commercial transactions, including finance and business considerations
- Oversee the governance on all SOWs
- Participate in deal negotiations as requested
- Oversee the governance on all change requests
- Oversee the governance on subcontract and partnership agreements
- Partner with Legal to regularly update, refine, and maintain the PS&E templates, playbooks, and guidance documents. Support department-wide efforts to organize, manage, and archive contracts and agreement templates
- Develop and maintain a process and catalog and operationalizing of deals with nonstandard terms
- Collaborate and partner effectively with PS&E leaders, legal, finance, and Deal Desk
- Assist PS&E Team members with our standard contract templates and agreements already in place with customers
- Guide in special projects to develop, implement and enhance processes and policies that improve transaction velocity, efficiency, and standardization without material increase in risk.
- Driving PS&E compliance in day-to-day sales activities
- Demonstrated ability to influence across several functions to achieve results
- Ability to create an environment of collaboration and win/win for PS&E and stakeholders
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Expert knowledge of standard PS&E contract vehicles (MSA, PSA, SOW, Amendments, Change Orders)
- Strong presentation skills and presence in front of executive stakeholders
- Program management
- Experience and knowledge of customer requirements and challenges
Measures of Success:
- 100% review PS&E Contracts with special terms and conditions
- 100% Operational turnover and management on accepted special terms
- 100% of the PS&E Leaders and Engagement Managers enabled on PS&E Contracts Practices & Policy
- Quarterly enablement and individual mentorship on proper PS&E contract creation i.e. Change Orders
- Enablement of Deal Desk on PS&E Contracts Practices & Policy
- Quarterly updates of PS&E contracts playbooks & wikis
What We’re Looking For:
- BS degree, preferably in Information Technology, Computing, Business, or Operations
- 8+ years’ relevant experience, inclusive of enterprise software sales businesses, professional services & education contracts experience, PS&E operations, and change management
- Exceptional, demonstrable, track record of program management
- Working knowledge of the roles and team within PS&E and pre and post-sales team. CS, Sales Engineering, Support, Technical Account Management, etc.
- Open, growth mindset and high degrees of self-motivation, fostered in a face-paced, high growth, dynamic environment
- Strong executive presence, communication (verbal, written, presentation), and facilitation skills with experience engaging and partnering at all levels internally and with key external stakeholders
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.