- Austin, TX
- Date Posted
- Jun. 14, 2021
- Professional Services
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Opportunity:
This role will be responsible for Professional Services & Education (PS&E) Products and Offerings. The role will reside in the PS&E Strategy & Operations team and act as a trusted partner to our head of PS&E organization, to establish offerings that align with our GTM motions, product direction, and drive customer value.
Working closely with Product Management, Engineering, Product Marketing, PS&E, PS Engineering (PSE), Customer Success, and Operations leadership, the PS&E PM drives service planning to maximize customer’s ability to quickly and successfully consume Confluent technology.
This position reports to the Director of PS&E Strategy & Operations.
Location: Anywhere, USA
What you’ll achieve:
- Catalog of PS&E Offerings that aligns with the market, propels customer value, and generates revenue
- Lead the alignment of PS&E product/offering design and planning.
- Manage process & stakeholders to meet planning timelines and deliverables.
- Develop and maintain a product/offering roadmap that aligns with stakeholders
- Collaborate with PS&E Delivery teams to ensure there is a plan to execute on all offerings and to ensure PS has adequate resources to deliver against product adoption goals.
- Driving the pricing strategy for our PS&E business. Bringing together industry and competitive intelligence and our cost and margin structure to price our offerings to meet our goals.
- Develop success metrics for product/offering and measuring and reviewing the performance for all of our current offerings.
- Quarterly product sell-through review, and end to end product lifecycle management
- Collaborations with PS&E Marketing on sales enablement, market research, customer, and field feedback.
- Coordinate product updates from to stakeholders globally to ensure awareness of product roadmap update and value propositions
- Demonstrated ability to influence across several functions to achieve results
- Ability to create an environment of collaboration and win/win for PS&E and stakeholders
- Ability to drive data-based decisions and business justifications
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and presence in front of executive stakeholders
- Knowledge of product lifecycle, new product launch readiness process, service lifecycle planning, and product management
- Sufficient subject matter expertise in the relevant products to be able to be credible with stakeholders
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams (systems, revenue, legal, finance) to create detailed CPQ requirements
- Experience collaborating with systems on Product SKUs to ensure GTM accuracy
- Program management
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new technology and products
- Experience and knowledge of customer requirements and challenges
Measures of Success:
- Trusted advisor and one-stop-shop for all PS&E products and offerings
- Pervasive air of collaboration, partnership, and trust exists cross-functionally
- High quality, aligned business plan exists between PS&E and partners
- Reporting against key business metrics (e. g. pipeline, revenue, etc) is defined, produced, and is a single source of truth
- Channels and vehicles for consistent, homogenized feedback from the field to PS&E
- Coordination with PS&E marketing to develop success stories
- The product catalog is maintained and current based on metrics and data
What We’re Looking For:
- BS degree, preferably with a post graduate degree in Information Technology, Computing, Business, or Operations
- 8+ years’ relevant experience, inclusive of enterprise software sales businesses, field professional services experience, strong functional domain experience, SaaS PS&E strategy & operations, and change management
- Exceptional, demonstrable, track record of program management, program execution, change management and cross-functional stakeholder engagement to deliver results.
- Working knowledge of the roles and team within PS&E and pre and post-sales team. CS, Sales Engineering, Support, Technical Account Management, etc
- Participation in and knowledge of international Services organizations such as TSIA or other Industry and peer groups focused on professional services
- Open, growth mindset and high degrees of self-motivation, fostered in a face-paced, high growth, dynamic environment
- Strong executive presence, communication (verbal, written, presentation), and facilitation skills with experience engaging and partnering at all levels internally and with key external stakeholders
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.