- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for strategic sellers, laser-focused on execution, to take this message to market and accelerate the path to success for our largest, most strategic UK clients and prospects.
The Client Director will play a fundamental role in driving Confluent’s sales activities into key customers within your region. This role includes activities developing and executing on the go-to-market strategy for a small number of key accounts. The ideal candidate needs to have experience selling complex SaaS into large corporate and multinational Companies with a proven ability to deepen relationships and grow accounts over time..
- Articulate and manage a Complex Sales Cycle with responsibility for demonstrating the value of Confluent at C-Level
- Focussing on a small number of key accounts, lead a virtual team across sales, solution consulting, alliances, customer success, legal and support to drive the best outcomes for your customers and for Confluent
- Lead the establishment of ambitious-but-achievable strategic account plans for each of your key accounts that establish strategies and goals over the short, medium and long term, tracking and developing those plans over time.
- Strategically prospect to C-Level, Leaders and End-Users across technology, architecture and operations.
- Build awareness for Kafka and Confluent within large enterprises and establish trusting relationships and credibility with partners and end users
- Build strong Champions within the account to work across Business Units and Subsidiaries
- Aggressively prospect, identify, qualify and develop sales pipeline
- Close business to exceed monthly, quarterly and annual bookings objectives
- Align closely with our Solutions Engineering team on technical wins, Professional Services to deliver world-class customer experience, and Customer Success Management to identify and close expansion opportunities and renewals, all while earning our customers love
- Forecasting sales activities with a metrics driven approach
What we’re looking for:
- Building a value narrative, which can be taken to multiple stakeholders
- Forensic account & deal planning, focusing on deal execution as well as strategic partnership building
- Experience in evangelising a new tech category to broad functional stakeholder groups across Line of Business, Operations, Technology, Architecture, Engineering and Infrastructure
- Extensive experience of quota carrying experience in a complex, solution sales environment
- An ability to articulate, educate and sell the business value to businesses of all sizes
- Experience selling to developers and C-Levels
- Significant experience in a Sales and/or Business Development role within a high growth organisation
- A record of overachieving against your quota
- Rigorous Sales Methodology and Sales Process, proven by accurate forecasts and clear communication throughout the deal cycle
- A competitive, hungry driven sales person with an incredibly high activity rate.
What gives you an edge:
- Proven experience building strategic growth in Fortune 500 companies
- Comfortable talking to technology and business benefits
- Experience and sector knowledge in Financial Services and Comms & Media
- Experience of Challenger and MEDDIC sales methodologies
- Previous experience selling open source, data integration or Cloud platform offerings
Backed by top tier venture firms, Benchmark, Data Collective, Index Ventures and LinkedIn, Confluent has offices in Palo Alto, CA and London, UK. We are a rapidly- growing company looking for smart, dynamic, and insightful people to join us on this amazing journey. Be part of a small team where your work will make a major impact!
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.