- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
As a member of the Confluent Sales Team, the Cloud Account Executive is responsible for selling Confluent solutions into small and medium-sized enterprises. We expect you to use your prospecting, sales, negotiation, and leadership skills to effectively sell Confluent offerings into leading companies in order to meet and exceed your quarterly sales target. You must possess a “hunter/closer” mentality with a proven track record of success within a value-driven sales model. Experience building and closing pipeline is a must have.
- Work to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration within UK/I territory
- Sell to the territory directly or via partners.
- Manage accounts throughout the entire sales process, and collaborates with team
- Members in business development, customer success, and support to uncover all customer needs.
- Responsible for understanding product offerings and competitive issues to develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of the sale.
- Travels to customer sites to identify/develop sales opportunities when required.
- Participates in the development, presentation, and sales of a value proposition.
- Onsite customer presentation with C-levels (as required) to negotiate and close strategic and complex deals.
- Liaises with customer contacts for the purpose of managing the customer relationship, identifying new opportunities, and maximising sales.
- Comfortable negotiating SaaS/cloud/software contracts.
- Experience working with UK/I customers
- Experience growing pipeline and selling Enterprise IT solutions.
- Consistent track record of success and history of quota attainment in consultative sales environments.
- Knowledge of Open Source, Big Data, Cloud, Systems Infrastructure, Enterprise
- Application Integration, Database and/or Data warehouse concepts and products preferred.
- Adept at using Salesforce.com or other CRM tools to manage accounts, contacts, and opportunities throughout the sales process.
- Outstanding communication skills - written and oral including strong presentation skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- High-integrity, intelligence, and self-driven.
- Highly developed selling, customer relations, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to penetrate accounts and meet with stakeholders within accounts.
- Team player.
- Open to Travel to customer locations as needed.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent preferred.
Backed by top tier venture firms, Benchmark, Data Collective, Index Ventures and LinkedIn, Confluent has offices in Mountain View, London, Paris, Munich, Singapor, Bangalor, Sydney We are a rapidly- growing company looking for smart, dynamic, and insightful people to join us on this amazing journey. Be part of a small team where your work will make a major impact!
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.