- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We’re looking for a strong technologist who will support and grow the technical relationship with AWS. In this role you’ll build enterprise streaming solutions that highlight Confluent’s unique features, enable cloud technical sellers and collaborate with our joint customers, prospects and AWS on key engagements
Successful Cloud Partner Solutions Engineers typically have backgrounds as developers, systems engineers or product specialists, but they all share a passion for expanding Confluent’s partner ecosystem and delivering the best of that world to our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Provide architecture guidance and recommendations across solutions, offerings and customer opportunities
- Serve as AWS SME to Confluent field team
- Work with AWS to build differentiated solutions and offerings that include Confluent Technology
- Build and manage relationships with key technical leaders at AWS
- Educate and enable cloud partner architects on Kafka, Confluent and Event Streaming architecture
- Author whitepapers, technical articles and blog posts
- Create content, organize and deliver technical workshops to enable and educate partners
- Work closely with Confluent customers who already are or about to go all-in on AWS
What we are looking for:
- Deep knowledge of AWS strategy, products, organizational and operating models
- Demonstrated experience architecting enterprise solutions for customers and/or partners on AWS
- Experience with messaging, streaming and ETL products commonly used in the enterprise
- Experience authoring, presenting and delivering technical material
- Experience operating within and across cross-functional teams including product management, engineering, sales, marketing, etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill, with focus on identifying shared business value around complex software solutions
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and work with new and emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions
- Passion for the role and strong commitment to excellence
What gives you an edge:
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka and/or other streaming technologies
- Experience serving as Technical Sales/Systems Engineer in a cloud environment or equivalent experience in a customer and/or partner-facing role.
- Experience designing and building big data, stream processing, and/or other distributed systems for Fortune 1000 companies
- Experience working with global teams
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.