- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
As a Cloud Sales Development Representative, you will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, unblocking and enabling -- often technically -- Confluent Cloud users in strategic accounts for Confluent. This position lays the foundation for a successful high tech sales career. There is a clear career growth path into Sales & Solution Engineering within Confluent for the right candidate that is willing to learn, work hard, and succeed.
What You’ll Do
- As a Cloud Sales Development Representative, you will be working with Confluent Cloud users to expand usage and accelerate their path to becoming committed Confluent Cloud customers.
- Meet & Exceed quarterly qualified Cloud org quota
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop relationships with important stakeholders.
- Provide Cloud users with information about Confluent Cloud and our product value
- Conduct conversations with decision makers from large and small companies
- Collaborate closely with highly experienced and tenured Strategic and Enterprise Sales Account Executives, Sales Engineers, and Sales Leaders
- Meet and exceed quarterly quota to ensure qualified Cloud objectives, with the support of managers and team mates who are committed to your success.
- Join a structured Solution Engineering and Sales training program with clear milestones, and an established career progression plan for strong performers.
- Participate in regular Sales enablement sessions, learning from the best in the business, and helping you develop the skills to excel in a Sales career.
What Gives You An Edge
- Demonstrative understanding of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Demonstrative understanding of distributed systems, databases, and Big Data products
- Proficiency with Cloud Technologies, ideally at least one of the major public clouds such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience with Java, Python, Node, or Go
- Confidence presenting to a highly skilled and experience audience including Enterprise Architects and C-Level Executives
- Experience interacting with customers and prospects, doing discovery calls and identifying sales opportunities
- Passion for Sales and desire to excel
- Competitive team player
- An appetite to sell to technology decision makers
- Hard worker and willing to achieve a high volume of daily activities while maintaining a positive and energetic attitude
- Background using CRM and sales engagement applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred or relevant work experience
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.