- United States
- Date Posted
- Jun. 7, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
The Commercial Sales Operations Business Partner will own Confluent’s sales processes and work closely with the leadership of the Commercial sales team to help manage the team’s selling efforts. The Sales Ops Business Partner’s primary responsibilities will be to provide data and analytical support to manage and improve Confluent’s sales processes and cycle, as well as utilizing pipeline data to help report, analyze and forecast the company’s current quarter’s business.
Confluent is a dynamic, fast-paced sales environment that requires excellent communication skills and the ability to multitask on tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will thrive in this environment, possess superior analytical skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.
The Commercial Sales Operations Business Partner will:
- Support weekly forecast and pipeline cadences
- Provide ad hoc reporting to sales leadership
- Work with the (A)VP of Sales, RSD’s and Finance to refine go-to-market models and sales methodology, including identifying and solving pain points within the organization and sales process
- Proactively identify issues and solutions to improve the efficiency of the sales force
- Participate in weekly, quarterly and annual sales planning by preparing and supporting the delivery of specific sales coverage and forecasting analytics
- Lead efforts to standardize processes and systems (e.g. Salesforce.com) to enable accurate and efficient data collection and management of the company’s sales efforts
- Partner with the Sales leaders to facilitate our global sales territory planning, by creating and allocating territories as the sales team grows
- Own communication to the field and maintain calendar of communications from a global to subregion standpoint as well as sales process adoption
- Manage all daily ad hoc requests from all business units (Finance, Compensation, AE’s, Data Science, etc.)
- Work closely with other Sales Operations Managers to share knowledge, best practices and facilitate standardization across the whole sales organization
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 3-5 years of Sales Operations experience preferably in a SaaS/cloud company
- Advanced excel skills required
- Experienced working with a Partner Channel Team is a plus
- Deep understanding of Salesforce best-practices and functionality
- Comfortable engaging at all levels in an organization to deliver results
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to clearly convey ideas and information in written and verbal form to a variety of audiences
- Endless curiosity and a need to dive deeper for understanding
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and display diplomatic and remarkable interpersonal skills with colleagues and other partners
- Knowledge of Tableau and Anaplan is a plus
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.