- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
The Sales Enablement Director, reporting to the Global Sales Enablement Leader, is part of the Field Sales Enablement team and is responsible for Relationship Management and Sales Strategy Consulting with assigned sales leaders and cross functional business partners. In addition, this role is expected to contribute to content/training development, and delivery of formal training in region.
You are expected to have recent relevant sales experience and the ability to conduct and coach account/deal/opportunity reviews and territory planning. This role is responsible for delivering these services across ALL sales roles and business units.
- Relationship Management Consulting: Coach Sales Leaders and Sales Teams in alignment with productivity goals
- Facilitate Opportunity Review and Strategic Account Planning Process
- Drive application of sales knowledge, skills, and best practices to increase sales productivity
- Intra-team Collaboration and Resourcing
- Ensure alignment of resource allocation with key sales and revenue initiatives
- Leverage data and metrics to correlate program participation to performance outcomes, making course corrections as needed to ensure desired results are achieved
- Utilise a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of sales force
- Work with sales management to identify sales professionals struggling or at-risk with meeting their goals based on skill set and/or competency and ensure manager has appropriate development plan in place
- Experience with complex enterprise selling process, methodology, and enablement
- Content Training Development and Delivery
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts to contribute to the design and maintenance of ongoing programs and training
- Develop and maintain productivity assessments and reporting for sales management
- Recent, relevant field sales experience
- Understanding of cybersecurity market and relevant business drivers
- Experience with complex enterprise sales cycles: portfolio or platform offering
- Skilled in enabling sales teams to sell broadly into accounts, access and aggregate disparate budget avenues, gain consensus with diverse stakeholders, etc.
- Professional sales enablement experience in a technology sales environment utilising Insight/Challenger sales approach
- Success with facilitating and delivering sales strategy sessions, account planning and training
- Ability to apply financial principles and insight to support teams in building economic models for purchase with customers
- Highly motivated, energetic, collaborative, self-starter who demonstrates leadership, adaptability, flexibility and integrity
- Management experience – either sales leadership or field sales enablement experience
- Executive presence and consultative approach
- Mentoring/Coaching and Leadership Development Experience
- Ability to travel up to 60%
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.