- Raleigh, NC
- Date Posted
- Sep. 13, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
The Enterprise Account Executive will play a fundamental role in driving Confluent’s sales activities into new customers within the North/South Carolinas region. This role includes activities developing and executing on the go-to-market strategy for your territory. The ideal candidate needs to have experience selling complex SaaS into large corporate and multinational companies with a proven ability to acquire new logos.
- Articulate and manage a Complex Sales Cycle with responsibility for demonstrating the value of Confluent
- Focus on new logo acquisition to help Confluent expand its customer base
- Strategically prospect to C-Level, IT Leaders and Technical End-Users
- Build awareness for Kafka and Confluent within large enterprises and establish trusting relationships and credibility with partners and end-users
- Build strong Champions within the account to work across Business Units and Subsidiaries
- Aggressively prospect, identify, qualify and develop sales pipeline
- Create and execute go to market plans that are based on viral methods and organic growth
- Close business to exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual bookings objectives
- Align closely with our Solutions Engineering team on technical wins, Professional Services to deliver world-class customer experience, and Customer Success Management to identify and close expansion opportunities and renewals, all while earning our customers love
- Forecasting sales activities with a metrics-driven approach
What We’re Looking For:
- Mindset = Driven, curious, empathetic, coachable
- At least 3+ years of quota (New Business) carrying experience in a complex, solution sales environment & regionally within the Southeast = NC or SC.
- An ability to articulate, educate and sell the business value to businesses of all sizes
- Experience selling to developers and C-Levels
- Significant experience in a Sales and/or Business Development role within a high growth organization
- A record of overachieving against your quota
- Rigorous Sales Methodology and Sales Process, proven by accurate forecasts and clear communication throughout the deal cycle
- Previous experience selling open-source or Cloud platform offerings preferred
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.