- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Confluent is an infrastructure company founded and led by the original authors and thought leaders behind Apache Kafka. We are building an open-source, enterprise-class stream data platform for real-time data and stream processing centered around Kafka. We believe that the future of enterprise applications will be built atop a streaming platform, and we want to put it at the heart of every company.
The Senior Enterprise Account Executive will play a key role in driving Confluent’s sales activities in region. This role includes activities developing and executing on the go-to-market strategy for your territory. The ideal candidate needs to have experience selling complex Database, Messaging, Big Data, Open Source and/or SaaS into large corporate and multi national companies.
You will be responsible for:
- · Build awareness for Kafka and Confluent within large enterprises
- · Aggressively prospect, identify, qualify and develop sales pipeline
- · Close business to exceed monthly, quarterly and annual bookings objectives
- · Build strong and effective relationships, resulting in growth opportunities
- · Build and maintain relationships with new and existing Confluent partners
- · Create and execute go to market plans that are based on viral methods and organic growth
What we’re looking for:
- Deep experience selling within the Database, Open Source, Messaging or Big Data space.
- An ability to articulate and sell the business value of big data and the big impact on businesses of all sizes
- Experience selling to developers and C levels
- Significant experience in a Sales and/or Business Development role within a similar start up and high growth organization
What gives you an edge:
- Highly motivated, over achiever, team player
- A high level of intensity to work with an experienced, motivated leadership team focused on building a legendary company in a short timeframe
- Excellent thought leadership traits with the ability to successfully drive a value based sales cycle
- Strong analytical and writing abilities
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Fanatical work ethic
- Entrepreneurial spirit/mindset, flexibility toward dynamic change
- 5+ years experience selling enterprise technology in a fast-paced and competitive market
- Goal oriented, with a track record of overachievement (President’s Club, Rep of the Year, etc.)
- Driven – possesses a strong desire to be successful
- Disciplined – skilled in managing time and resources; sound approach to qualifying opportunities
- Intelligent – possesses aptitude to learn quickly and establish credibility
- Language - Fluent or Bilingual in Swedish
Backed by top tier venture firms, Benchmark, Data Collective, Index Ventures and LinkedIn, Confluent has offices in Palo Alto, CA and London, UK. We are a rapidly- growing company looking for smart, dynamic, and insightful people to join us on this amazing journey. Be part of a small team where your work will make a major impact!
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.