- North Carolina, US
- Date Posted
- Jan. 5, 2022
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Opportunity:
This newly created role will be a key member of the Sales Strategy and Analytics team. You will work across the Field Sales Operations organization to utilize our business data and statistics to analyze and provide insight into the organization’s performance. Additionally, you will work with business leadership to ensure we have a clear understanding of metric definitions, data sources, and data quality across the business to provide insight into what is possible in our current state and build a path and roadmap to improvements. The role requires that you have a deep understanding of the go-to-market business functions so that you can effectively build a business analytics methodology where we utilize world class functional dashboards, reporting, and analysis on a daily basis, ensuring data-driven decisions is a part of how we work. To do this you will be our liaison with and have support of our Data Science and Data Engineering teams to provide business insight and thorough requirements to help build and enhance our data strategy and dashboards. A background in scaling a data practice to support a pre-sales and or a post-sales customer business as well as having done so for a world-class, successful, global, multi-tenant SaaS business is essential. This position reports to the Director of Sales Strategy & Analytics and will build an offshore team.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Create the mechanisms that allow us to, measure, and effectively execute strategies that guide Field Sales actions and investment
- Drive, design, and build requirements for holistic and global sales dashboards to help monitor performance for all key indicators
- Partner with Sales and SOPs leaders to understand the insights they need in order to manage and grow their business and work cross-functionally across other teams to implement what is needed
- Define and maintain a set of data definitions and available measures across the business, in alignment with our Finance team’s corporate definitions.
- Work with our Operations team to ensure world class functional reporting and analysis that is embedded into the everyday work processes so that making data-driven decisions is a part of our daily habits. This includes identifying gaps in instrumentation and working across the business to implement effective solutions.
- Establish a road map and rationalization plan for all of our dashboards, reporting, analysis tools, and processes deployed across Field Sales
- Work with Finance to ensure improvements into the data supporting our management of budget, HC, and coverage models across Field Sales
- Develop outstanding key internal stakeholder relationships across Data Science, Product, Marketing, Sales, Finance and PeopleOps
- Establish a formal intake and governance structure to handle new requests and prioritize our backlog.
- Build a culture of growth mindset and continuous learning
What We’re Looking For:
- BS degree, preferably with a post graduate degree in Data Science, Information Technology, Computing, Business, or Operations
- 6+ years’ relevant experience, inclusive of enterprise software sales businesses, strong functional domain experience, SaaS Data Analytics, and Business Intelligence
- Ability to build and manage high performance teams
- Exceptional, demonstrable, track record of program execution, change management, and cross functional stakeholder engagement to deliver results.
- Working knowledge of the organizations and teams within Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Partner Ecosystem, Enablement, and Sales Operations
- Prior experience in Sales Analytics or Sales Operations required
- Open, growth mindset and high degrees of self motivation, fostered in a face-paced, high growth, dynamic environment
- Deep experience in designing, developing and enhancing reporting stack through tools such as Tableau and Domo, fluent in SQL with deep knowledge of relational databases and data warehouses, experience with field tools such as Salesforce and Outreach
- Strong executive presence, communication (verbal, written, presentation) and facilitation skills with experience engaging and partnering at all levels internally and with key external stakeholders
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.