- Date Posted
- Dec. 9, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
- Are you a leader who thrives in a high paced, high growth, technically complex environment? If so we have an opportunity that will stretch you to new heights.
We are looking for a new manager for our high performing Solution Engineering (pre sales) team in Dubai, the role will lead the team in the Middle East and Israel as we grow our Data in Motion business in the region.
To succeed in this role you will need to embody our oneteam ethos by fostering our team of exceptional solution engineers as they work in a seamless partnership with our sales and customer success team.
- Working with customers as they adopt a modern real time data infrastructure is technically complex, transformational in business and a long term process.
- Are you able to not just drive this process with customers yourself but build a team forging a new segment in the technology market?
In this role you will:
- Lead a team of solutions engineers to drive the technical conversation in sales presentations, solution development, and product demonstrations of Streaming Platform capabilities
- Strategise with Sales Management on how to best support our customers and grow Confluent value in the region
- Lead, grow, and mentor your Solutions Engineering team to develop and maintain the skills necessary to deliver proposed solutions and the surrounding ecosystem - Microservices, Linux, Kubernetes, Cloud Deployments, Data Sources and Sinks
- Develop and improve processes and procedures to maximize efficiencies and ensure the team can scale exponentially - never recreate the same thing twice
- Conduct typical management functions such as interview/hire qualified candidates, conduct performance reviews, and actively participate in employee career planning to help them achieve their long-term goals
- Conduct customer presentations on the value proposition and technical solution set for assigned accounts and focus areas throughout the Region
- Responsible for review of Statement of Work (SOW), Proof of Concept documentation prior to customer presentation
- Function as a collector of region requirements to help guide the Confluent roadmap on the customers’ behalf
To succeed in this role you will probably have:
- Experience leading a technical pre sales team
- Significant demonstrable experience in complex technical sales, this is a player manager role so you will need to want to keep your skills active
- Broad experience of successfully conducting business across the Middle East and Israel
- Technical knowledge around distributed systems, infrastructure software like databases, message queues, SaaS, or Big Data products. You do not have to be a kafka expert but you need the grounding to ramp quickly
- Exceptional presentation and communications capabilities. Confidence presenting to a highly skilled and experienced audience, including enterprise architects and C-level executives
- Clear, consistent demonstration of self-starter behavior and a desire to tackle hard technical problems Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
Here’s what we can offer you:
- Unlimited Holiday
- Delicious Food on us (twice a week)
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
Smart, humble and empathetic
- Hard working, you get things done
- Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
- Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
- Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
- Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.