- Belfast, UK
- Date Posted
- Jun. 7, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Partner Sales Engineer to be the technical lead for our partners in Northern EMEA.
Apache Kafka™ and Confluent are powering the transformation to real-time event driven business across industries and that is having a profound impact on traditional business. This shift is opening up unprecedented opportunities across industries from Financial Services, Healthcare to Manufacturing and Retail.
As part of this transformation, we are seeing a significant increase in the partner ecosystem interest to work with Confluent given the opportunity for partners to build solutions and practices based on the Confluent Platform that leverages their regional, industry, and technology integration capabilities and assets.
We need someone to join the team who will jump in and execute on the current opportunities while building out the partnering landscape and engagement to help drive our European business to the next level of success. For this we are looking for a strong technologist who can work across the spectrum of our partner ecosystem.
- Educate and enable partners on Confluent’s Platform (products and services)
- Work with partners to drive joint GTM efforts
- Engage with partners’ technical and sales leaders in support of key partner sourced and influenced customer opportunities
- Work with global and regional systems integrators to build differentiated solutions and offerings based on Confluent technology
- Provide architectural guidance and recommendations across solutions, offerings and customer opportunities
- Support partners in their efforts to build integrations and solutions that enable customers to get value from the Confluent Platform
- Work with key cloud providers (Google, AWS, Azure, etc) in regarding key opportunities and Q&A around GTM efforts
- Build relationships with partners’ key technical contacts
- Support in partner and partner-related technical issue resolution as appropriate
- Provide partner and market feedback to Confluent product management and engineering to influence product direction
What we are looking for:
- Broad technical skills and industry experience
- 5+ years working in partner & customer facing sales engineering roles
- Demonstrated experience architecting solutions for enterprise customers and partners
- Experience with some of the related messaging, streaming and ETL products commonly in the enterprise
- Background in cloud, enterprise software and/or system integration
- Familiarity with Linux, Java, and software design principles
- Experience operating within and across cross-functional teams including product management, engineering, sales marketing, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with a focus on identifying shared business value around complex software solutions
- Curiosity, coupled with the ability to quickly investigate and assess new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
What gives you an edge:
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka and/or other streaming data platforms
- Experience designing and building Big Data, stream processing, and/or other distributed systems
- History of working with Global Systems Integrators, and cloud providers
- Experience developing a broad technology partner ecosystem
- Passion for the role and a strong commitment to excellence in wherever you apply yourself
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
Smart, humble and empathetic
- Hard working, you get things done
- Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
- Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
- Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
- Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.