- Date Posted
- Dec. 13, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We’re looking for an Sales Development Representative (SDR) who will assist our Enterprise field sales team in finding and developing qualified opportunities. We’re looking for a hunter who has a track record of success and possesses polished phone and writing skills. The Sales Development Representative understands and enjoys cutting-edge enterprise technology, prospecting, learning, and ultimately wants to establish a career in sales. This role has the opportunity to grow into a full sales position in the future and has a well established internal promotion track.
About the Role:
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be responsible for identifying and qualifying sales opportunities for the Confluent sales team. This position lays the foundation for a successful high tech sales career. There is a clear career growth path within Confluent for the right candidate that is willing to learn, work hard, and succeed.
What We’re Looking For:
- Ability to prospect into Enterprise level accounts using a variety of tactics including phone calls, personalised emails and a suite of sales tools.
- Previous experience either as an SDR/BDR or in a closing role.
- Collaboration closely with Field Marketing on campaigns and ensure you are using the correct messaging/talk-tracks effectively
- Learn, leverage and help evolve our demand generation process
- Meet/exceed quarterly qualified leads quota to ensure territory revenue objectives
- Participate in regular training & informational sessions
- Experience with Salesforce and Outreach preferable
What Gives You An Edge:
- Hard worker and willing to achieve a high volume of outbound calling activity every day while maintaining a positive and energetic persona
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment
- Enterprise technology aptitude or a familiarity with our technology
- History of over-achievement
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
Smart, humble and empathetic
- Hard working, you get things done
- Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
- Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
- Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
- Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.