- Date Posted
- Oct. 6, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Solutions Architects drive customer success by helping them realise business value from the burgeoning flow of realtime data streams in their organisations. In this role you’ll interact directly with our customers to provide expert consultancy, leveraging deep knowledge of best practices in the use of Apache Kafka, the broader Confluent Platform, and complementary systems like Hadoop, Spark, Storm, relational databases, and various NoSQL databases. Throughout all of these interactions, you’ll build strong relationships with customers, ensure exemplary delivery standards, and have a lot of fun building state-of-the-art data infrastructure alongside colleagues who are widely recognised as leaders in this space.
The role requires travel across APAC, to work on-site with our customers in the region. You’ll be based in Singapore with the ability to travel to client engagements as required.
What we’re looking for:
- Deep experience designing, building, and operating in-production Big Data, stream processing, and/or enterprise data integration solutions using Apache Kafka
- Exceptional interpersonal communications capabilities demonstrated through a history of successful B2B infrastructure software development projects
- Strong desire to tackle hard technical problems and proven ability do so with little or no direct daily supervision
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science or an engineering, mathematics, or other quantitative field
- Proficiency in Java or Python
- A minimum of 3 year’s experience in a Professional Services role
- Prior experience of regular business travel around the region
- Ability to travel up to 50% of your time to client engagements
What gives you an edge:
- Previous experience building solutions that use Apache Kafka alongside Hadoop, relational and NoSQL databases, message queues, and related products
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
- Experience building and operating large-scale systems
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
Smart, humble and empathetic
- Hard working, you get things done
- Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
- Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
- Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
- Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.