- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
- Selling solutions that fundamentally change how organisations structure their business is not easy.
Are you interested in taking the most modern technology out there and building solutions that are not only about enabling your customers to keep up with the competition but taking paradigm leaps for their business?
Could you drive the technical discussion of a complex real-time data stream sales process whilst simultaneously articulating the new business opportunities the technology can bring to senior leaders?
If you have the technical know-how and the wits to communicate all this to a wide audience then the Confluent Pre-Sales team could be the place you can utilise all your skills and passion.
What we’re looking for:
- In order to hit the fast-moving ground running, you will need to bring the experience of creating complex distributed solutions at enterprise scale and a thorough knowledge of cutting edge data infrastructure solutions.
- As you will be a key player in selling the value of our platform and the new business use cases you will be experienced in dealing with customers, through engagingly presenting to enterprise architects and C-level executives alike and deftly handling objections while influencing key decision-makers.
- Your technical expertise will almost certainly be in infrastructure software like databases, message queues, SaaS, microservices or Big Data products. An affinity with opensource is also a given. As you will be working with our customer to architect the right solution you must be conversant in programming languages (Java, Python etc) through to data pipelines and the surrounding eco systems.
- As you will be interacting daily with our product teams an ability to clearly define customer requirements and the communication and relationship building skills to drive internal development projects will be second nature to you.
- If you want to make a really fast start you will already be familiar with building Kafka solutions, however if not you will learn how to, from the world’s best.
- You will need business level French
What gives you an edge:
- Previous experience building solutions with Apache Kafka
- Understanding of systems operations concepts (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
- Experience building and operating large-scale systems
Here’s what we can offer you:
- Unlimited Holiday
- Delicious Food on us (twice a week)
- Excellent office location: Centred near bustling Covent Garden- there is a plethora of places to eat and drink with your team!
- Private Medical Insurance via a Premier provider which includes Dental (previous medical history disregarded) & discounts on gym membership
- Life Insurance & Income Protection Insurance
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
Smart, humble and empathetic
- Hard working, you get things done
- Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
- Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
- Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
- Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.