- Bengaluru, IN
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
In this role as an engineering leader at Confluent, you will drive our charter to launch Data Governance for Event Streaming that operates both on-prem and in the Cloud. The Data Governance product portfolio is crucial to bringing Confluent’s mission of putting event streaming at the heart of every organization to fruition. It includes existing offerings such as Confluent Schema Registry and new offerings corresponding to various Data Governance pillars such as Data Quality, Data Catalog, Data Lineage and Data Security. You will guide the vision, recruit for, and enable a high performing engineering team that solves complex distributed data processing challenges at scale.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What You’ll Do:
- Solve challenging problems that will disrupt stream processing space
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud and on-prem environments
- Conceive innovative new solutions for our customers, at the intersection of multiple fields: stream processing, Big Data and analytics
- Manage a team of high-performing engineers and leads, helping them to continue growing their skills through hands-on experience and mentorship. Provide timely and productive feedback, encourage a growth mindset, and advise team members in setting and working towards personal development goals
- Nurture a culture of excellence on the team through a focus on hiring, communication, execution, and work quality
- Collaborate with others in engineering and product leadership to create the long-term roadmap and quarterly deliverables for your team
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of 10+ years of software development with 3+ years of management experience
- Ability to ensure a high hiring bar, keep engineers motivated, coach/mentor and handle performance management issues
- Experience running large stateful data systems and production services in the cloud
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- A great track record of shipping features and hitting deadlines consistently. Ability to move fast, build in increments, and iterate. A sense of urgency, a mindset towards achieving results, and excellent prioritization skills. Ability to anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience. An advanced degree in computer science is preferred
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.