- Bengaluru, IN
- Date Posted
- Sep. 21, 2021
- Software Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
What We’re Looking For:
In this role as Full-Stack Engineer at Confluent, you will drive frontend and growth initiatives for Data Governance offerings that operate both on-prem and in the Cloud. The Data Governance product portfolio is crucial to bringing Confluent’s mission of putting event streaming at the heart of every organisation to fruition. It includes existing offerings such as Confluent Schema Registry and new offerings corresponding to various Data Governance pillars such as Data Quality, Data Catalog, Data Lineage and Data Security.
As a full stack engineer, some of the problems you will be solving, include but is not limited to:
- Creating new visualization and interfaces for data flow that can scale with Apache Kafka
- Enabling growth through experimentation and analysis to build a world-class onboarding experience for new users of Confluent Platform
- Building and managing monitoring, configuration, control plane, and operational services to allow our customers to manage their infrastructure in the cloud
Who You Are:
Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
Must Have skills:
- At least 6+ years of professional experienceStrong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- Proficiency in object oriented languages such as Java
- Experience building and operating multi-tier web applications, including REST APIs
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively in teams
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience. An advanced degree in computer science is preferred
What Gives You An Edge:
Experience designing, building, and operating stateful applications
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.