- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Are you an engineer who loves to take data infrastructure technologies to the cloud? Are you passionate about operating services at scale? Do you care about providing amazing customer experience in the cloud and reducing waste in the organization?
If that sounds exciting, we are very interested in talking to you. As part of the Kafka Platform team, you will build and manage services to take data infrastructure in the cloud. More specifically, you will be managing Kafka monitoring service, configuration service, control plane and operational services to allow our customers to manage their infrastructure in the cloud. In this role, you will also influence the overall design and architecture of the next generation streaming infrastructure.
Who You Are: Our One Team culture is fundamental to us so you will need to be:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and operations
- Familiarity with Kafka or similar high-scale distributed data systems
- 4+ years of software development experience in a commercial environment.
- Experience building automation to operate large-scale data systems
- Solid experience working with large private or public clouds
- A self starter with the ability to work effectively in teams
- Excellent spoken / written communication
- Preferred proficiency with Python/Java, shell scripting, system diagnostic and automation tooling
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent
What Gives You An Edge:
- Experience operating Kafka at scale is a big plus
- Experience working with JVMs a plus
- Experience with systems performance a plus
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.