- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Jun. 7, 2021
- Software Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer interested in building engaging and insightful products for managing and visualizing large-scale distributed real-time data systems. Apache Kafka is central to how companies operate and we aim to make that experience intuitive and attractive. As an Engineer in this team, you will be responsible for defining how customers should consume and leverage streaming infrastructure at scale from onboarding customers to managing their streaming infrastructure.
We intend to be the world’s best, fastest, and most complete stream processing service built by an excellent team, all while having fun - come join us on the journey!
Who you are
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Works well on a close knit team
- Driven to make an impact across the engineering org and Confluent
- Excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What we’re looking for
- Minimum of Bachelor’s in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in the related areas
- Excellent spoken / written communication
- Solid experience working with large private or public clouds
- Experience in Java or related languages
- Strong foundation in algorithms and building large-scale backend infrastructure
- Experience with React/Redux (or equivalent)
- An eye for well designed interfaces and user experiences
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.