- Date Posted
- Sep. 21, 2021
- Software Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer interested in building engaging and insightful products. Some of the problems you will be solving, include but is not limited to:
Creating new visualizations and interfaces for data flow that can scale with Apache Kafka
- Enabling growth through experimentation and analysis to build a world-class onboarding experience for new users of Confluent Platform
- Building and managing monitoring, configuration, control plane, and operational services to allow our customers to manage their infrastructure in the cloud
We’re actively hiring for various engineering teams such as Growth, Kafka Platform, Data Governance, Data Exchange, Kafka Connect, etc and we are open to all levels like Software engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Staff engineer etc.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 4+ years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent
- Distributed system fundamentals
- Experience designing, building, and operating stateful applications (eg. search, newsfeed/ timelines, metrics pipeline)
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively in teams, including frontend engineers and product designers
- Experience building and operating multi-tier web applications, including REST APIs
- Proficiency in Java
What Gives You An Edge:
- Kafka experience
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.