- Bengaluru, IN
- Date Posted
- Sep. 21, 2021
- Software Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
To be successful in this position you will need to have a deep interest in designing and implementing clean and captivating user experiences with contemporary front-end technologies and world-class engineering skills. You will have the opportunity for owning and developing end to end features for these experiences. You can learn and influence clean, contemporary coding practices and be part of developing a great product. In addition to delivering delightful user experiences, you will have an opportunity to work on implementing the underlying backend business logic.
- A MS/BE/ B.Tech degree in computer science or equivalent experience in the industry.
- Strong programming language skills using Java or Scala or Go.
- 6+ years of relevant hands-on software engineering experience doing design and development, including deployments to production environments.
- 4+ years of experience in distributed systems design and large-scale data processing
- Self-driven and motivated, with a strong sense of ownership and craftsmanship.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with server-side web application development
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, GCE, Azure)
- Experience with microservices development (Go, GRPC, SQL)
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.