- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 23, 2021
- Software Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Who We Are
The Kafka team’s mission is to build simple and comprehensive solutions for Kafka clusters that are disaster-resilient, highly available, and work seamlessly across multiple-cloud deployments (i.e., Google Cloud, AWS, Azure), hybrid cloud/on-premise, and on-premise environments, which is critical to setting data in motion.
We are a team of passionate engineers who love solving complex distributed systems and infrastructure problems. Real-time infrastructure is the future and we are creating a new category for it - ‘Data in Motion’.
We are re-imagining Apache Kafka as a cloud-native service - fully serverless, elastic, multi-tenant and at scale. Our goal is to make Kafka a completely hands-free, serverless experience for customers, running at the largest scale imaginable for the lowest cost of ownership. We also actively contribute to the open source Apache Kafka that is used in production deployments by thousands of organizations across the globe.
- To design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software that will touch production and have customer facing impact
- Follow best practices for software development and participate in code reviews
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverablesHelp build the next generation
- Kafka by continuing to push the boundaries of distributed system design
Who You Are:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in Computer Science, Math, or a related technical fieldSelf-motivated and able to drive projects with mentorship and project requirements
- Ability to work effectively in teams and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms and are proficient in at least one of these languages: Java/Scala, C, C++, GoSmart, humble, and empathetic
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative, and quickly growing software development environmentInterested in building large scale distributed systems in the cloud and are excited to make an impact
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.