- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Sep. 21, 2021
- Software Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
As a Release Engineer at Confluent, you will be working across the entire Confluent Platform helping to place our event streaming platform at the heart of every modern enterprise. You will enable us to deliver solutions to our customers, wherever they run our software. You will work on automating our release pipelines, driving improvements in our release process, and building tools to improve visibility and efficiency in release delivery.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We Are Looking For:
- Experience building and scaling release automation
- Strong object-oriented programming fundamentals
- Proficient in a major programming language (e.g. python, java)
- Strong understanding of Linux and Linux packaging (e.g. .deb, .rpm)
- Strong understanding of development systems, especially Git and Jenkins
- Working knowledge of build tools like maven and gradle
- Experience building and releasing docker images
- Experience working effectively and driving requirements across teams
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
What Gives You An Edge:
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka
- Previous experience testing open-source products is a plus
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.