- Belfast, UK
- Date Posted
- Sep. 1, 2021
- Software Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We’re looking for a senior developer who can help to drive the technical architecture, and implementation for the Customer Labs team within Customer Solutions & Innovation at Confluent. This is a net-new area for the company (starting in May 2020) and an amazing opportunity for someone who gravitates towards building the core foundation, frameworks, and components that get customers to outcomes faster. The ideal candidate possesses demonstrated experience in building engineering platforms at scale at would-be Confluent customers and establishing business-impacting KPIs for large, technical initiatives.
The Customer Solutions & Innovation Division provides cross-functional best-in-class event streaming expertise and innovation to improve productivity across Confluent and improve our go to market customer experience.
The Customer Labs team drives customer success by rapidly incubating and producing weighted solutions expertise addressing customer and partner needs. They create solutions, tools, and working code examples/demos; develop standards, processes, and governance, and rapidly prototype assets and ideas.
What you’ll do
Solve complex problems that will disrupt the stream processing space with a customer outcomes focus as well as mentoring more junior team members of engineers, helping them to continue growing their skillset through hands-on experience.
Who You Are:
Smart, humble, and empathetic, you will have a strong sense of teamwork, and put team’s and company’s interests first. Be excited about removing obstacle of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment and be a Hands-on engineer who enjoys on working loosely coupled distributed systems.
- Committed and highly motivated to deliver high quality solution with accuracy, you will have experience of working in an agile environment and adapt to changing business requirements - You will believe in test-driven development and be excited about learning and adapting to emerging new technologies
- As well as enjoying and taking pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a different technologies and systems you will have a high bar when working with production systems
What we’re looking for
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- Ability to anticipate future technical needs for the accelerators and solutions and craft plans to realize them
- Ability to influence the team, peers, and upper management using effective communication and collaborative techniques
- Experience in public cloud (Object store, Containerization)
- Experience operating Linux (configure, tune, and troubleshoot)
- Experience with Java Virtual Machine (JVM) tuning and troubleshooting
- Proficiency in JavaCustomer-facing delivery, presentation, and requirements gathering skills
- An iterative and agile approach to solving their needs.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally to meet with customers for feedback on assets or asset deployment
- Experience with system security and encryption
- Ability to travel 1 to 2 times a quarter for about 2 days
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.