- Bengaluru, IN
- Date Posted
- Dec. 9, 2021
- Software Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
In this role as an engineering leader at Confluent, you will drive our Cloud partnership charter for India. You will be responsible for leading the charter, roadmap and execution for our Health+ and Alerts platform. This charter includes a mix of infrastructure, APIs and application layer to build a large-scale notifications platform, intelligent alerts, decision engine along with customer-facing user interface. This platform is a key differentiator for Confluent and will be a major part of the long-term success of the business.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What You’ll Do:
- Solve challenging problems that will disrupt stream processing space
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in cloud and on-prem environments
- Conceive innovative new solutions for our customers, at the intersection of multiple fields: stream processing, Big Data and analytics
- Manage a team of high-performing engineers and leads, helping them to continue in growing their skill set through hands-on experience and mentorship.
- - Provide timely and productive feedback, encourage a growth mindset, and advise team members in setting and working toward personal development goals
- Nurture a culture of excellence on the team through a focus on hiring, communication, execution, and work quality
- Collaborate with others in engineering and product leadership to create the long-term roadmap and quarterly deliverables for your team.
- Effectively communicate the roadmap and strategy within the team and across the organization
- Create and manage processes that enable the team to do its best work
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 10+ years of software development with 5+ years of management experience
- Ability to anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them
- Familiarity with Kafka or similar high-scale distributed data systems
- Experience in enterprise-scale software development
- Experience running production services in cloud
- Ability to influence the team, peers, and upper management using effective communication and collaborative techniques
- Ability to hire while ensuring a high hiring bar, keep engineers motivated, coach/mentor, and handle performance management
- A great track record of timely shipping features and have a sense of urgency, an aggressive mindset towards achieving results, and excellent prioritization skills
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience. An advanced degree in computer science is preferred
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.