- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
As a Software Engineer, Cloud Control Plane, you will be designing and implementing a distributed control plane to manage the life cycle of Confluent Platform using Container Orchestration Frameworks such as Kubernetes and Mesos. Control Plane is responsible for unified cluster management of Confluent Platform across cloud providers and on-prem data centers including provisioning, auto scaling, monitoring and auto-remediation. We are looking for engineers with a strong desire to build planet-scale, extensible control plane with a strong emphasis on user experience.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put the team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong software design and implementation skills in building infrastructure frameworks
- Deep expertise in building distributed systems
- Experience with one or more of these programming languages - Go, C++, Java, or Python
- Experience building and operating extensible, scalable, and resilient systems
- Solid understanding of container orchestration framework (such as Kubernetes, Docker, Swarm, or Mesos)
- Familiarity with using Cloud Infrastructure Providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc.)
What Gives You An Edge:
- Experience in building control planes (virtualization, software-defined networking/storage)
- Experience building APIs - both RESTful and gRPC/Thrift based
- Familiarity with infra such as networking, storage, and security in data centers
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes operators, Helm, or StatefulSets
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka
- Experience in app deployment and config management frameworks such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, etc.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.