- United States
- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Confluent and Kafka help connect the wide variety of cloud provider services, internal apps, third party services, and everything else modern companies use. Your job will be to make Confluent Cloud available as a SaaS platform on our cloud infrastructure partners (currently AWS, Azure, and GCP) and other partners (ISVs, channel partners, and more). Success means developers can discover, try, buy, and use Confluent Cloud seamlessly with the wide range of other cloud services they’re already using.
In this role, you will be building marketplace integrations with cloud partners in managing subscription workflows, usage-based reporting, identity and cloud partner product integrations. You will get an opportunity to work on business critical flows from ideation to completion by closely collaborating with Cloud Infrastructure partners, Product Managers, different engineering and business teams. We’ve taken the first step by integrating with the cloud provider marketplaces, but there’s so much more we can do and even integrating Confluent Cloud directly into the cloud provider consoles, plus integrating with other software vendors like MongoDB, Snowflake, and others. Marketplace integrations are a key driver of our business, and you will have an opportunity to make a significant impact to Confluent Cloud. We hope you’ll join us and help discover even more opportunities.
Some relevant posts about cloud marketplaces and partnerships:Confluent Cloud for Apache Kafka Available EverywhereConfluent and Google Cloud
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork, and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
- Hands-on engineer who enjoys working loosely coupled distributed systems
- Self-driven and highly-motivated to deliver high quality solution with accuracy
- Able to work in Agile environment and adapt to changing business requirements
- Believe in test-driven development
- Excited about learning and adapting to emerging new technologies
- Enjoy and take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a different technologies and systems
- Have a high bar when working with production systems
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in architecting, designing, developing highly-scalable and performant backend services
- Deep knowledge of designing distributed systems in Cloud
- Experience in running production services in public clouds, with a drive towards quality, accuracy and operational excellence
- Strong problem solving and analytical/critical thinking skills with attention to details.
- Proficiency in a major programming language, e.g. Java, Go, C / C++, Python, etc.
- A strategic engineer who constantly thinks of operational improvements of the service to meet availability and performance SLA.
- Comfortable with troubleshooting technical issues across services and multi-level technical stack that includes microservices, containers, and virtualization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, like discipline, or commensurate work experience
What Gives You an Edge:
- Large public clouds: AWS, GCP, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Kafka or Kafka Connect
- Familiarity with Cloud Provider Messaging systems (AWS SQS/SNS, GCP PubSub)
- Familiarity with SSO (OpenIDConnect/OAuth, SAML, Cloud Identity Providers)
- SaaS platform development
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.