- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are a team of passionate engineers who love solving complex distributed systems and infrastructure problems.
About The team:
To realize Confluent’s enormous potential, we are looking for software engineers, at various levels, to grow our Traffic & Networking team. This team focuses on building and managing the networking fabric of Confluent Cloud. The network fabric for Confluent Cloud is responsible for all traffic that ingresses and egresses a customer’s Kafka cluster on Confluent Cloud. The networking fabric also provides features that allow Confluent customers to securely connect their Confluent Cloud clusters to their existing virtual networks in the cloud. This gives customers access to enterprise-grade security features in the cloud allowing them to build secure network boundaries around their clusters.
To join the team, we are looking for engineers with an interest in building large-scale distributed systems, with a focus on building and managing network data planes for containerized workloads in the cloud.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We’re Looking For:
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- This role is open for all levels, at minimum we are looking for at least 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- Experience building and operating large-scale systems
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
- A self-starter with the ability to work effectively in teams
- Proficiency in Go, C/C++, or other statically typed languages
- Experience with public clouds (AWS, Azure or GCP)
What Gives You An Edge:
- Experience building and managing Layer 7 proxies, especially cloud-native proxies such as Envoy
- Experience with Kubernetes Networking and Storage
- Experience with service mesh on Kubernetes
- Experience with Terraform or similar config management technologies
- A Strong networking background combined with your software engineering experience
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.