- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Nov. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
At Confluent, the Developer Operations team’s vision is to provide the infrastructure used to empower engineers to develop and deliver the Confluent Platform into the cloud and on-premise with the highest efficiency and quality. We are passionate about building comprehensive systems, automated tools, and extensible frameworks that facilitate the entire development and release lifecycle.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Designing and implementing the infrastructure behind our build automation, packaging, and containerization solutions.
- Maintaining the end-to-end CI/CD deployment pipeline for automatic deployment and release of both the cloud and on-premise platform.
- Identifying and solving inefficiencies with our internal infrastructure to improve developer productivity.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience designing and managing cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management systems, infrastructure as code tools, and secrets management (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Packer, Terraform, Consul, Vault, etc.)
- Linux system administration experience.
- Working knowledge of source control management systems like Git.
- Experience developing in a scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Experience managing CI/CD systems (e.g. Jenkins, TravisCI, BuildBot, etc.)
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.