- United States
- Date Posted
- Jun. 7, 2021
- Software Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Team
The next big goal for Confluent is to make it as easy as possible for anyone to use Confluent’s products, including Kafka, to build their next killer streaming application. To do that we are building the Confluent Cloud which provides our products as a service in all the major public clouds. We are at the beginning of this engineering journey and are looking for great engineers to come join the world class team of engineers that are passionate about building and running large scale, multi-tenant distributed data systems for customers that expect a very high level of availability.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- Experience automation to operate large-scale data systems
- Solid experience working with large public clouds
- Experience running production services in public clouds
- Proficiency in C/ C++ , Python, Go, .NET , Java
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
- A self starter with the ability to work effectively in team with excellent spoken / written communication
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent
What Gives You An Edge:
- Experience in open-source development
- Experience using Apache Kafka
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.