- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
As a Software Engineer for the Confluent Operator product, you will be designing and implementing Kubernetes controllers within the Confluent Operator product line. Confluent Operator simplifies running Confluent Platform as a cloud-native system on Kubernetes, whether on-premises or in the cloud. It delivers an enterprise-ready implementation of the Kubernetes Operator pattern to automate deployment and key lifecycle operations for Confluent Platform.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put the team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
- Passionate about building extensible systems to reduce operational costs and toil
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong software design and implementation skills in building infrastructure frameworks
- Deep expertise in building distributed systems
- Experience with Go, Java or Python
- Solid understanding of Container Orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, or Mesos
- Familiarity with using Cloud infrastructure providers such as AWS, GCP, and/or Azure
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc.)
What Gives You An Edge:
- Experience in building control plane components in one or more of virtualization, software defined networking/storage
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes Operators, Helm, or StatefulSets
- Experience building APIs, both RESTful and gRPC/Thrift based
- Familiarity with Infra such as networking, storage and security in data centers or public cloud environments
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.