- United States
- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
- Software Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
The Support Strategy, Engineering, and Operations team at Confluent directly supports the Global Support & Success Engineering (GSSE) group and is charged with the development and maintenance of support systems required for scaling a high-volume enterprise support offering. The work done by the team is aimed at creating a differentiated, world-class technical support offering that increases customer satisfaction and retention.
In this role, you will…
- Drive the design and development of the suite of internal tools used by Confluent Support Engineers to help them efficiently support Confluent’s enterprise customers
- Work directly with Confluent Support Engineers to understand use cases and requirements, and to translate these into technical designs
- Work with the core Confluent Engineering team to ensure alignment both from a technical and product portfolio perspective
- Provide design guidance and technical review for project contributions from the internal community of Confluent Support Engineers
- Work with other internal business systems teams at Confluent to ensure support systems provide consistent integration and data governance
Required skills and experience
- Strong software design and development skills
- Generalist mindset with the desire and ability to ramp on new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Experience with back-end development, including data management and API integration, for at least one common support platform (e.g., Zendesk, Salesforce Service Cloud, Freshdesk)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g., Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
What Gives You An Edge
- Experience working directly with Technical Support team members to scope and test custom software solutions
- Interest and excitement with developing tools and solutions that directly improve customer experience
- Working knowledge of continuous integration/delivery and configuration management automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with API integration development for common enterprise business systems, such as Salesforce
- Working knowledge of database and messaging systems (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka, etc.)
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness, and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company-wide and team events. We are looking for people who are:
· Smart, humble, and empathetic
- · Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
- · Strive for excellence in their work, their team, and their company
- · Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- · Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.