- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Jun. 7, 2021
- Software Engineering
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Team:
Engineers on the API Foundations team own critical components of the infrastructure our developers use to build out our fast-growing set of services and APIs. We are at the Confluent Cloud edge, building the ingress point for all control plane services that serve our UI, CLI and public APIs. Our backend services rely on us as a routing layer and security boundary. We also establish best practices for API development and build foundational components to make API and Service creation simpler for our developers.
Who You Are
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and prioritizes team and company interests
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- Hands-on engineer who enjoys working on loosely coupled distributed systems
- Self-driven and motivated to deliver high-quality solutions
- Able to work in an agile environment and adapt to changing business requirements
- Excited about learning, adapting to emerging new technologies and driving key initiatives
- Have a high operational bar for deploying and maintaining production systems
What We’re Looking For
- 8+ years industry experience designing, building and supporting backend systems in production with a solid grasp of good software engineering practices
- Strong programming and algorithmic skills. Proficiency in a major programming language, e.g. Java, Go, C / C++, Python, etc.
- Experience running production services in Public Clouds, with a drive towards quality, accuracy, and operational excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
What Gives You an Edge
- Experience building APIs, Gateways, Service Meshes
- Experience with REST, gRPC, OpenAPI or programming against popular REST APIs
- Large public clouds: AWS, GCP, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes
- SaaS platform development and experience operating highly available and reliable systems
- Familiarity with Kafka
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.