- Austin, TX
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
As a Consulting Engineer, you will help drive customer success by helping them realize business value from the burgeoning flow of real-time data streams in their organizations. In this role you’ll be provided training to interact directly with our customers to provide software, development and operations expertise, leveraging deep knowledge of best practices in the use of Apache Kafka, the broader Confluent Platform, and complementary systems like Hadoop, Spark, Storm, relational databases, and various NoSQL databases.
Throughout all of these interactions, you’ll build strong relationships with customers, ensure exemplary delivery standards, and have a lot of fun building state-of-the-art streaming data infrastructure alongside colleagues who are widely recognized as leaders in this space.
Promoting Confluent and our amazing team to the community and wider public audience is something we invite all our employees to take part in. This can be in the form of writing blog posts, speaking at meetups and well known industry events about use cases and best practices, or as simple as releasing code.
A typical week at Confluent in this position may involve:
- Building the foundation of technical, consulting, and business skills that will service you as you progress throughout your career.
- Building and delivering event streaming solutions that change Confluent’s customers and impact their decisions.
- Creating proposals to share with our customers and internal stakeholders.
- Mentorship from experienced technologists and consultants.
- Graduated or will be graduating by May 2021 with a degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Business, or a related field
- Proficiency in Java
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand and communicate complex problems clearly and concisely
- Interest in working and contributing to a start-up environment
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.