- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Dec. 13, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
We are looking for an Associate IT Support Engineer who is passionate about providing an amazing customer experience while delivering outstanding technical support to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have 1+ year of progressively increasing responsibilities in an IT Support role, with an emphasis on providing responsive, high quality support for both onsite and remote employees.
What You’ll Do:
- Providing full service internal IT Support to Confluent employees around the globe
- Management and execution of critical processes to support the full employment lifecycle of our employees. This includes provisioning, configuring, and deprovisioning software licenses, account and access as well as deploying machines and coordinating equipment delivery
- Procure and maintain inventory levels of equipment, software license management, and asset management
- Basic troubleshooting of hardware and applications; provide technical support and problem solving
- Communication with our users and staff to understand, identify, document and resolve problems
- Resolve problems in a timely manner or escalate on behalf of users to other members of the IT team
- Be well organized and highly efficient when managing your work
- Be a documentation champion, assist with crafting and maintaining knowledge base articles and how-to guides
- Be flexible. We’re growing and we need to continue to change to help the company grow
- Promote and represent Confluent culture and core values in all aspects of your job duties to ensure user satisfaction
What We’re Looking For:
- Ability to work in-person at our headquarters office located in Mountain View a minimum of 4 days a week
- 1-2+ years of experience providing internal technical support in a corporate environment, providing hands on and remote IT Support, including wireless network troubleshooting, audio and video conferencing, remote collaboration tools and printer support 1-2+ years of experience in the technical support field
- 1-2+ years supporting, working with, and managing the following SaaS Applications: Google Workspace, Okta, Zoom, Office 365, and SlackFamiliar with Jamf Pro, Intune, and other MDM platforms
- Experience working with Atlassian products and other ticketing platforms
- Outstanding communication skills : You have very detailed case notes as well as KB articles, and you have the ability to articulate complex concepts into noncomplex jargon
- Have a curiosity for tech with a strong desire to learn and develop new skills
- Understanding of standard IT processes such as asset management, procurement, employee lifecycle, etc
- A strong dedication to developing technically and to delivering world-class customer service
- Critical thinking, time management and organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Knowledge of Windows and Mac OS operating systems and productivity tools
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.