- Bengaluru, IN
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Are you at home, solving deep technical challenges using the most cutting edge real time data solutions, and presenting complex use cases to a varied business audience?
Would you enjoy guiding enterprises as they embark on projects that utilise the power of real time data, with the support of your colleagues in a hyper-growth product company, as it redefines the way the world uses its data. If the answer to these questions is yes, then the Confluent Professional Services organisation could be your perfect next home.
Engagement Managers (EM) play an essential role in enabling our customers to successfully deploy the Confluent Platform, either on-prem, in the cloud, or in hybrid solutions.
As an Engagement Manager you coordinate the delivery of complex technology solutions managing project task planning, resource management and risk mitigation while balancing customer satisfaction and perceptions. Working with Confluent technical resources you will foster customer relationships, show industry leadership and develop customer love.
Although project delivery is the primary focus of the role, the Engagement Manager is involved in supporting Regional Sales members with the positioning and scoping of new and expansion services projects. Engagement Managers assist in the creation of proposals and guide sales on our services and education capabilities. Engagement managers are measured on utilisation and the ability to drive expansion business within the accounts they manage. Deep technical knowledge of distributed data infrastructure is a big plus.
To ensure that we build products that deliver beyond customer expectations, communication with our Product, Engineering, R&D teams, and the wider Confluent Community is essential. To really succeed, you will build relationships and engage with different stakeholders throughout the company.
What you can expect to work on
- Own and lead selected, simultaneous customer engagements and manages customer expectations (~5-15 accounts)
- Manage project onsite activities and oversee completion of deliverables, managing schedules, customer meetings, pre-engagement and post engagement activities
- Prepare client facing and internal collateral such as solution presentations, project plan and status reports
- Identify opportunities for new Services by understanding and addressing potential new use-cases
- Responsible for interfacing with other teams across the organization to balance customer requirements, customer needs, communication, client expectations, etc
- Provide product and delivery feedback, plays a role in product development lifecycle and scaling best practices through engagement and customer feedback loop
- Collaborate with other departments like Sales and Presales to work on offerings and proposals containing Professional Services
- Consult with clients to understand and analyze engagement scope, requirements, time, cost, benefits etc.
- Support Professional Services team with administrative tasks
- Act as an GoTo person for Sales to demonstrate Professional Services best-practices
- Can demonstrate the value of Professional Services externally and internally
- Embodies the One Team spirit with PS Team, Sales, Operations and Resource Management
- Represents Professional Services within Account planning sessions and is able to formulate PS strategy for according accounts
- Ideally, the Engagement Manager should possess
- Deep in the details of execution with a laser focus on Customer satisfaction, requirements and needs while staying strategically focused on the efforts of Confluent Sales, Customer Success, Support, Solutions Engineering & Professional Services
- Strong service delivery, time, project and priority management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in project financial fundamentals
- Ability managing critical and political situations with business stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builderDemonstrated client relationship and interpersonal skills. Loves to work in a fast growing and dynamic environment and is able to keep pace with constant change
- Ability (and willingness) to travel up to 25% of the time to client engagements
- Proficient English speaking and writing skills are a must
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.