- Date Posted
- Jan. 5, 2022
- Technical & Customer Support
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Confluent is searching for an Escalation Manager to join our growing Global Technical Support team. You will support customers that use Confluent’s cloud and on-prem products through our escalation and incident management processes.
This job is for you if:
- You thrive in high-pressure situations.
- You enjoy taking the lead role in a crisis.
- You can influence others in the interest of problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
- A strong sense of ownership and an urgency to resolve customer problems.
- You enjoy solving complex problems through collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Your focus remains on solving the urgent while also keeping continuous improvement in mind for later.
- You are very organized and can assist others with aligning efforts and information.
- You can communicate effectively with technical resources one minute, and executives the next.
- You can absorb tactical details while maintaining a holistic view.
Here is what a typical day might look like:
- Quickly review and understand all information related to a customer escalation at a high level.
- Coordinate large cross-functional teams via internal and customer-facing calls.
- Successfully acquire technical status and next steps from the various technical teams.
- Identify open action items and owners for tracking until closure.
- Summarise the problem, business impact, technical efforts, and next steps in an executive summary format.
- Ensure the customer’s voice is heard throughout the escalation process. Advocate for the customer by speaking up where necessary.
- Set correct expectations and drive relief and resolution through effective communication.
- Provide regular status updates for all escalated issues internally and externally.
- Execute seamless transfer of an escalated situation into and out of your region.
- Ensure the collective team adheres to all escalation and incident response processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience coordinating and facilitating the resolution of complex problems.
- Ability to understand complex technical products at a high level.
- 4+ years experience in a technical support organisation preferably of an enterprise software product.
- Escalation Management experience.
Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Hard-working, you get things done
- Hungry to learn in a field that is ever-evolving
- Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
- Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
- Strive for excellence in your work, your team, and the company
- Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest-growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication, and inclusivity.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.