- United States
- Date Posted
- Jun. 14, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
The Strategic Customer Success Manager (SCSM) will play a key role in driving customer success, retention, and subscription expansion within our Enterprise accounts. SCSMs provide thought leadership and actionable recommendations to ensure customers take full advantage of the Confluent Portfolio and product capabilities. They are passionate about building customer relationships and embody our core value of “Customer Love”.
- Meet/exceed quarterly retention targets by proactively engaging with account portfolio and ensuring renewal activities are completed along with the sales team.
- Submit accurate and timely renewal sales forecasts through Salesforce.com.
- Identify and collaborate with the sales team regarding expansion, upsell, and additional service/support opportunities within accounts.
- Facilitate the engagement of other Confluent resources (e.g. Customer Operations, Customer Success, Sales, Sales Engineering, etc.) to ensure ongoing customer success.
- Guide adoption practices with the goal of driving increased value realization and decreased time-to-value from Confluent’s solutions.
- Drive cross functional programs and services across existing account base that will grow usage, adoption, satisfaction, customer health, and likelihood to recommend Confluent.
- Meet and exceed touchpoint goals for existing customers to ensure proactive cadence (e.g. consistent communication, Quarterly Business Reviews, etc).
- Promote the use of Confluent features and technology.
- Deliver onsite presentations including Onboarding Guide, Quarterly Business Reviews, Roadmap Sessions, etc. to an Executive audience to drive business value realization and alignment.
- Support and maintain relationships with key users and decision-makers at assigned customers, keeping them connected to value being added by our products.
- Proactively identify issues/risks and escalate internally for prompt resolution.
- Act as a trusted advisor to develop and nurture customers to become strong advocates on behalf of Confluent.
- Work across the organization as the customer’s champion to advocate for their needs and ensure company alignment in support of existing account base.
- Contribute to continual improvements to our best practices for engagement, value-add, and renewal to meet long-term customer satisfaction and renewals goals.
- Increase customer executive engagement and help arrange for executive invites to headquarters, marketing, and customer engagement events.
- Experienced and able to communicate effectively with business executives and leaders about the technical, account and financial aspects of their business relationship with Confluent.
- Experience with the sales discovery process and customer service escalation models.
- Experience running Executive level reviews in person.
- Ability to command a room - public speaking experience a plus.
- Highly motivated, goal-driven, outgoing, inquisitive, and customer-centric.
- Honest and transparent partner to customers, winning and keeping their trust.
- Exceptionally well organized / detail-oriented with outstanding oral and written skills.
- Technically competent with a fundamental understanding of Confluent technology, offerings, and value proposition.
- Experience in tracking sales activities, customer data, and customer status.
- Ability to multi-task with a high number of contacts at any given time.
- Ability to drive synergy and accountability across cross functional teams
- Collaborative inventive team player. Our culture is critical, we lean on each other!
- Experience implementing and supporting large-scale technology solutions at Fortune 100 companies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years B2B experience in account management, sales or consulting role with proven results within global, high-growth, technology companies.
- Salesforce.com experience
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.