- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Technical Support Engineers work at the intersection of our client services and engineering teams and drive customer success by helping identify and resolve critical business issues. In this role you’ll interact directly with our customers to provide software development and operations expertise, leveraging deep knowledge of best practices in the use of Apache Kafka, the broader Confluent Platform, as well as complementary systems. You will be hands on in fixing issues seen by Confluent customers and contributing fixes back to the open source community. Throughout all of these interactions, you’ll build strong relationships with customers, ensuring exemplary support and timely resolution to customer requests.
This role will be based in Japan.
- A typical week at Confluent in this role may involve...
- Working with customers to resolve a wide range of issues with their Confluent deployments
- Contributing to process development - we’re a small team, so we’re looking for people who want to help us lay the foundation for growing efficiently and with a best-in-class culture
- Communicating with our core engineering team to provide real-time product feedback from the field
- Improving product documentation and authoring knowledge base articles
- Creating and reviewing product demos and internal tooling
- Working closely with the team behind Apache Kafka!
Ideally, you will possess
- Excitement in learning about streaming data and becoming a domain expert in Apache Kafka
- Experience in diagnosing, reproducing, and resolving customer issues
- Desire to make customers successful through direct interaction
Two out of these three:
- Experience troubleshooting applications running on Linux (resource contention, network bottlenecks, etc.)
- Operational knowledge of Java applications (jstack,jmap, etc.)
- Experience with at least one mainstream distributed system (e.g. Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.)
- Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. We are looking for people who are:
- Smart, humble and empathetic
- Hard working
- Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
- Strive for excellence in their work, their team, and their company
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.