- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Product Management
- Business Applications
Cord — an API to make any product multi-player — is hiring their first Developer Relations Manager to grow our developer community. Come and join our friendly team of tech veterans, and shape how we tell our story to the world. We pay well and won’t burn you out. Details below.
We’re hiring our first dedicated Developer Relations Manager. We’ve worked hard to build an excellent product that’s been used by many successful app. We are now looking to create a diverse ecosystem of 3rd party engineers who are delighted by Cord’s APIs.
We’re looking for somebody who is passionate about engaging Developers every day to create this ecosystem, by being the interface between those developers and Cord’s products, engineering, and design teams.
This is an opportunity to join a team of talented ex-Google, Facebook and Amazon engineers and product professionals. Through your work, you will contribute significantly in providing great content that educates our audience, inform our platform strategy and be a part of our success.
What we’d like from you:
- Create code examples and work on proofs of concept that showcase the crazy ideas you can build with our API and our tools.
- Write blog posts about the platform and new features.
- Take an active part in defining our platform roadmap, giving feedback to the product and customer success teams, and then helping release and iterate on new features.
- Represent Cord within the developer community: Speak at industry events and respond to interviews.
- Grow our community: Promote meetups, nurture forums, Github and Slack communities, monitor social media for what people are saying about the brand, and help people talk about their own success with Cord. Working with our clients and integration partners.
- Distil complex, technical topics and turn them into easy-to-understand documentation.
- Follow new and emerging technologies and trends and advocate for those both internally and externally.
- Work with the marketing team to prepare content for presentations, blog posts, recording videos, podcasts, and so forth.
- Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail.
- You have solid experience in creating well-structured content, in a conversational tone to guide beginners and more advanced users. You understand the importance of SEO and how to address it through your content writing.
- Fluency in English. You will need to be able to effectively write and communicate in English, respectfully, and professionally.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and ability to learn product and technical concepts quickly
- Practical experience of developing real-world solutions and platforms.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Empathy and people skills. Demonstrable success in nurturing and engaging developer communities, building professional relationships and making people feel awesome.
At Cord, we believe in making sure our team has the tools they need to do their best work. That’s why we supply each new hire with a new laptop (Mac or PC, whatever you prefer) when they join. In addition to that, we set up everyone with a 27-inch, 4k monitor. Whenever we get the chance to work in our office again, we also enjoy fully electric adjustable height desks (sit or stand). Because we want to be flexible as we grow, all our desks are on wheels. Need to work with someone? Just wheel your whole desk over. We also have free snacks delivered weekly to the office -- fruit, chocolate biscuits, seaweed snacks -- whatever the team wants.
We want a happy team, so we also make time for play in addition to the work. Every Thursday at 4pm we stop working and have a social catch up. When we can work in the office, this means free drinks on us. Even while we’re remote, we still play games over video chat. Outside of work, we make sure people have the time to do what brings them joy, so we offer an official 26 holiday days per year, but no one keeps track of this and we don’t care how many days people take as long as they get good work done. We’re a high-trust, high-expectations company.
A Note About Culture
At Cord, we treat code review and mentorship of our team members as a first-class priority. Because of that, we expect our senior developers to support junior folks. We want to build a team of senior engineers who are exceptional technically as well as interpersonally. We value EQ, IQ, and pragmatism equally for our senior team members.
We don’t judge engineers by number of years of experience. It doesn’t matter if you don’t already speak idiomatic TypeScript. Some of our engineers have advanced degrees or PhDs. Some of us dropped out of university. For us, it’s not about on-paper credentials. We’re looking for someone who is eager to learn and excited to deliver a new product to the world. We’re much more concerned with your curiosity than how long you’ve been doing the job.
Building a strong, diverse team is hard, but it’s something we’re taking really seriously. At the moment, we’re a team of twelve who speak 5 different languages and hail from 6 different countries. We deeply value people who can bring more diversity to our team. At the root of our company culture are things: pragmatism, technical excellence, and emotional intelligence. We value them equally. Our gender diversity is way better than the industry average at the moment, but we’re aiming for an even more diverse team.