- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Design & UI
Cowboy is a Belgian startup that is developing innovative electric bikes for urban riders. Cowboy’s main goal is to improve urban mobility and take commuters to their destination in a more enjoyable, sustainable and efficient manner.
Founded in 2017 by entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, Cowboy is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. Cowboy is the winner of the Eurobike 2017, the Red-Dot bicycle design award 2018 and the Red-Dot “Best of the Best” award for the Cowboy 2.
With traffic congestion plaguing metropolitan areas, electric bikes are proving to be the fastest means of transportation, beating cars and ground public transport. Cowboy’s vision is to elevate the daily commute to the next level in terms of speed, comfort and freedom of movement around the city. Cowboy enhances the riding experience by unifying intelligent technology, delightful design and meticulous customer service.
In April 2019, Cowboy launched its second model, the Cowboy 2, and introduced it to 8 additional countries (Germany, France, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom). In June 2020, Cowboy unveiled its third generation electric bike.
In July 2020, Cowboy raised €23 Million from international investors (including Exor Seeds, the early stage investment arm of Exor, Isomer Capital, Future Positive Capital and Index Ventures) in the Series B round. Cowboy plans to recruit 30+ new talent in the next six months, scale operations, and expand its footprint across Europe through its Test Ride and Mobile Service networks.
We’re looking for a talented, forward-thinking creative, with a passion for design and the desire to create world class digital products with the customer in mind.
As our Digital Design Lead you’ll drive creative output across a range of innovative projects on our digital channels and continued optimization based on user testing and analytics. Reporting to our VP Creative, you’ll work in close collaboration with the creative, marketing and product teams to develop creative concepts and approaches, developing original design concepts as well as overseeing content design all the way through execution on our website.
As our Digital Design Lead, you’ll be comfortable presenting to the leadership team, and providing direction and leadership to our creatives and all teams working on our digital platforms, and manage external contractors as required.
What you’ll be doing:
- Stayin 100% focused on making great digital products - that’s all we care about.
- Initiating, managing and overseeing content creation for our digital platforms.
- Working on initial concepts, prototypes, and detailed designs informed by user research, marketplace and behavior trends, and your best ideas.
- Participation in a hands-on manner through all product phases, from strategy to launch to optimization.
Who we are looking for
- A strong background, with 6+ years of visual design experience, at a digital agency or in-house at an innovative, scaling business.
- Highly conceptual thinking in both visual and interaction design.
- Strong communication skills when working cross-functionally within our business. Our Digital Design Lead will need to be able to clearly and concisely express themselves and explain their ideas.
- Forward-thinking, strategic, customer-first mindset. You understand the balance between eCommerce and Brand and how to get this across on our digital platforms.
- Deep understanding across visual design, user experience, user interface design, branding and even coding.
- The ability to work iteratively and collaborate with the team on initial concepts, user flows, visual design, and prototypes
- Attention to detail and care for design execution, from concept through delivery
- Drive all project phases, from strategy to launch to optimization
- Ability and desire to solve complex product design problems and the strategy skills to deliver best-in-class solutions
- Impeccable execution and care for all aspects of design, from conceptual thinking to motion and visual design
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and present findings, and articulate design rationale
- Experience working in a highly iterative, collaborative environment where people share work daily
- Familiarity with prototyping tools
What we offer you
- A highly competitive salary package
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture.
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
Just like our rider community in cities across Europe, diversity is a strength. No matter where you come from, or the path you’re on, Cowboy is inclusive and so is our workplace. Your unique skills, passion, and perspective will help us continue to transform mobility and urban life for the better.