- Date Posted
- Sep. 30, 2021
Cowboy is a Belgian startup that is developing innovative electric bikes for urban riders. Cowboy’s main goal is to improve urban mobility and take commuters to their destination in a more enjoyable, sustainable and efficient manner.
Founded in 2017 by entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, Cowboy is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. Cowboy is the winner of the Eurobike 2017, the Red-Dot bicycle design award 2018 and the Red-Dot “Best of the Best” award for the Cowboy 2.
With traffic congestion plaguing metropolitan areas, electric bikes are proving to be the fastest means of transportation, beating cars and ground public transport. Cowboy’s vision is to elevate the daily commute to the next level in terms of speed, comfort and freedom of movement around the city. Cowboy enhances the riding experience by unifying intelligent technology, delightful design and meticulous customer service.
In April 2019, Cowboy launched its second model, the Cowboy 2, and introduced it to 8 additional countries (Germany, France, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom). In June 2020, Cowboy unveiled its third generation electric bike.
In July 2020, Cowboy raised €23 Million from international investors (including Exor Seeds, the early stage investment arm of Exor, Isomer Capital, Future Positive Capital and Index Ventures) in the Series B round. Cowboy plans to recruit 30+ new talent in the next six months, scale operations, and expand its footprint across Europe through its Test Ride and Mobile Service networks.
As an HR Business Partner, you will be an integral part of our People Operations Function, taking full ownership of Payroll and HR administration, as well as leading projects concerning our new benefits, visa applications, onboarding, and many more.
You’ll be working closely with our People Director and will help make Cowboy a great place to work. This role is for an initial 6 months, but with the possibility to go perm after successful completion of the mission.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage both our Belgian and International payroll. In Belgium, we work with SD Worx and in FR, NL, the UK, and GER we work with Let’s Deel.
- Take ownership over all of the administrative tasks of employee onboarding and offboarding (ie. set up new starters on SD Worx, register our new starters at our health insurers etc.).
- Own all relationships with SD Worx and our health insurers.
- Be the go-to person and main point of contact for all HR / Payroll related questions in Belgium.
- Assist our People Director with leading strategic people projects across benefits, learning & development and many more.
Who we are looking for
- You have previous working experience managing Belgian payroll and have perhaps worked with SD Worx.
- You have a solid working knowledge of Belgian employment law and labor regulations. You can confidently advise on any HR/ Payroll related questions.
- You’re a real people person with a strong desire to make Cowboy the best place to work and grow.
- You have professional working proficiency in French and English.
- Highly competitive package
- Opportunity to become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture
- Having a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Working with people who love what they do every day
Just like our rider community in cities across Europe, diversity is a strength. No matter where you come from, or the path you’re on, Cowboy is inclusive and so is our workplace. Your unique skills, passion, and perspective will help us continue to transform mobility and urban life for the better.