- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
Cowboy is a Belgian startup that is developing innovative electric bikes for urban riders. Cowboy’s main goal is to improve urban mobility and take commuters to their destination in a more enjoyable, sustainable and efficient manner.
Founded in 2017 by entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, Cowboy is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. Cowboy is the winner of the Eurobike 2017, the Red-Dot bicycle design award 2018 and the Red-Dot “Best of the Best” award for the Cowboy 2.
With traffic congestion plaguing metropolitan areas, electric bikes are proving to be the fastest means of transportation, beating cars and ground public transport. Cowboy’s vision is to elevate the daily commute to the next level in terms of speed, comfort and freedom of movement around the city. Cowboy enhances the riding experience by unifying intelligent technology, delightful design and meticulous customer service.
In April 2019, Cowboy launched its third model, the Cowboy 3, where it is sold in 8 countries (Germany, France, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom). In May 2021, Cowboy unveiled its fourth generation electric bike, the Cowboy 4.
In July 2020, Cowboy raised €23 Million from international investors (including Exor Seeds, the early stage investment arm of Exor, Isomer Capital, Future Positive Capital and Index Ventures) in the Series B round. Cowboy plans to recruit 30+ new talent in the next six months, scale operations, and expand its footprint across Europe through its Test Ride and Mobile Service networks.
Our riders’ community is at the heart of everything we do here at Cowboy. We strongly believe in developing a truly unique product and providing exceptional customer service, making meaningful connections with our customers.
We strive to be one of the most recognised and loved brands in the e-bike sector and the Customer Success Team has significant importance in making this happen. After a hugely successful few years in Europe, we’re looking for a Customer Success Lead to set up and manage the Customer Success team in the US. You will be the first key person on the ground and have a big impact in the launch and our rider community in the US.
The Customer Success Team at Cowboy is split in Technical Repair support and Relation building. Therefore the Lead position will be in close contact with all aspects of the business and being the voice of our customers across departments reporting directly to our Customer Director.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to our Customer Director, you will be responsible for supporting our US customers, as well as building and setting up the US-based CS team from scratch ensuring our ambitious Customer experience goals are met.
- Building an outstanding Customer Success Function to support our US-based customers as we launch and expand in the country.
- Leading, coaching and mentoring our US Customer Success Team. You’ll be responsible for hiring and training your team to develop them into the world’s best customer services function.
- Transforming Cowboy into one of the most loved brands in the US by achieving a customer NPS of 90+.
- Setting and delivering operational targets, setting tactical goals at individual and team level to achieve OKRs.
- Working alongside our Customer Success Lead and other senior stakeholders in Europe implementing and improving processes with a great understanding of US customers.
- Obsessing over customer satisfaction scores and analytics to identify ways to deliver ambitious performance metrics.
- Proven experience in Customer Services
- We’re looking for someone with a customer-centric mindset who can seamlessly put themselves in the shoes of our US customers to understand their needs.
- You are an experienced team manager who can set-up, coach and support the team around them.
- You are efficient and organized and can manage several projects simultaneously.
- You are driven by goals and results oriented while maintaining a great team atmosphere.
- You can report and present results objectively and you base your decisions and actions on these results.
- Working with several stakeholders and making well informed decisions comes naturally to you.
- You actively look for simplicity and you encourage the team to make things efficient and effective while maintaining great Customer Satisfaction scores.
- You have 5+ years of experience in Customer Services in the US and are able to apply best practices.
- You have a challenger mindset and you embrace the unpredictability of being part of a fast growing start-up .
- You can see the bigger picture and you actively encourage the team to strive for excellence.
What we offer you
- Highly competitive package
- Opportunity to become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture
- Having a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Working with people who love what they do every day
Just like our rider community in cities across Europe, diversity is a strength. No matter where you come from, or the path you’re on, Cowboy is inclusive and so is our workplace. Your unique skills, passion, and perspective will help us continue to transform mobility and urban life for the better.