- Date Posted
- Aug. 10, 2021
Cowboy is a Belgian startup that is developing innovative electric bikes for urban riders. Cowboy’s main goal is to improve urban mobility and take commuters to their destination in a more enjoyable, sustainable and efficient manner.
Founded in 2017 by entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, Cowboy is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. Cowboy is the winner of the Eurobike 2017, the Red-Dot bicycle design award 2018 and the Red-Dot “Best of the Best” award for the Cowboy 2.
With traffic congestion plaguing metropolitan areas, electric bikes are proving to be the fastest means of transportation, beating cars and ground public transport. Cowboy’s vision is to elevate the daily commute to the next level in terms of speed, comfort and freedom of movement around the city. Cowboy enhances the riding experience by unifying intelligent technology, delightful design and meticulous customer service.
In April 2019, Cowboy launched its third model, the Cowboy 3, where it is sold in 8 countries (Germany, France, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom). In May 2021, Cowboy unveiled its fourth generation electric bike, the Cowboy 4.
In July 2020, Cowboy raised €23 Million from international investors (including Exor Seeds, the early stage investment arm of Exor, Isomer Capital, Future Positive Capital and Index Ventures) in the Series B round. Cowboy plans to recruit 30+ new talent in the next six months, scale operations, and expand its footprint across Europe through its Test Ride and Mobile Service networks.
We’re looking for a Supply Chain Planning Associate to implement an improved supply chain planning process and inventory management for our Cowboy bikes, working along-side our Supply Chain Lead, our Quality Director and other relevant functions such as Hardware and Finance. We’re looking for someone with a customer-centric mindset and exceptional planning skills to optimize our inventory, service and costs.
Reporting to our Supply Chain Lead, you will be responsible for our supply planning and inventory management to ensure our ambitious delivery and production goals are met.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure the best Demand Planning input by follow-up and consensus review with Marketing and Operations
- Drive inventory of parts and finished goods in-line with overall strategy and visualize as needed
- Drive regular inventory matching (adjustment) using annual physical inventory and other regular reporting methods
- Propose and agree mass production and dispatch plans for finished goods and sub-assemblies, in-line with company objectives and supply chain policies
- Ensure planned parts availability using Materials Requirements Planning, including PO release with required volumes and dispatch dates
- Secure our capacity requirements for short-term and long-term with assemblers and parts suppliers using forecasting
- Coordinate and participate in the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process, including Demand & Supply matching, Inventory, Financials, KPIs, NPI…
- Drive performance by developing and monitoring KPIs for assemblers, using QBRs
- Plan New Product Introduction in terms of capacity, parts availability, existing model build-outs, etc.
- Coordinate implementation into mass production of agreed running changes, with consideration of inventory, supplier timing, synchronous parts, etc.
Who we are looking for
- 3-5 years experience, including work as a junior planner
- Previous supply chain planning experience, ideally with assembly products
- FMCG manufacturing experience
- Passion and drive for the end customer
- B2C - client facing product - different planning attributes
- Experience working with Offshore / Asian suppliers
- Efficiency in your activity by creating and implementing standardised work methods
- Highly competitive package
- Opportunity to become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture
- Having a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Working with people who love what they do every day
Just like our rider community in cities across Europe, diversity is a strength. No matter where you come from, or the path you’re on, Cowboy is inclusive and so is our workplace. Your unique skills, passion, and perspective will help us continue to transform mobility and urban life for the better.