- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
- Product Engineering
Cowboy is a Belgian startup that is developing innovative electric bikes for urban riders. Cowboy’s main goal is to improve urban mobility and take commuters to their destination in a more enjoyable, sustainable and efficient manner.
Founded in 2017 by entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, Cowboy is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. Cowboy is the winner of the Eurobike 2017, the Red-Dot bicycle design award 2018 and the ISPO brand new award in the category “future mobility” (2020).
With traffic congestion plaguing metropolitan areas, electric bikes are proving to be the fastest means of transportation, beating cars and ground public transport. Cowboy’s vision is to elevate the daily commute to the next level in terms of speed, comfort and freedom of movement around the city. Cowboy enhances the riding experience by unifying intelligent technology, delightful design and meticulous customer service.
As people value testing a product prior to making a decision, Cowboy will be offering Test Rides where customers can test the bike, ride it for a while and ask all kinds of questions. As the customer journey is almost entirely digital the Test Ride will be the only direct contact with the customer, making it a critical moment for Cowboy to create a magical customer experience.
About the role and what you’ll be doing:
As Product Director, you’ll be responsible for creating the right software products for our customers. You’ll lead our product vision and strategy, and champion best-in-class approaches to make that vision a reality. You’ll oversee the entire product creation lifecycle, going from discovery to launch, while iterating quickly.
You’ll have one Product Manager as a direct report. Several tech squads will be working in parallel and be split between the two of you. As Product Director, you’ll thus keep on working closely with designers and developers on some features. The Product team is expected to keep on growing as Cowboy scales and you’ll contribute to the recruiting process of new hires.
Main responsibility areas:
- Lead the creation of the product vision and roadmap, working closely with the CTO, the Marketing team, and other relevant stakeholders, and taking a data-driven approach to prioritizing the product backlog based on business value and ROI
- Provide clear direction to a cross-functional tech team including a Product Manager, a Senior Designer, Mobile Developers, Front/Back End Developers, and Firmware Developers. Be “hands-on” where necessary to provide guidance on user experience, tools, processes.
- Research and launch new products with a strong focus on user experience, test their performance and iterate quickly based on customer feedback
- Closely coach your Product Team and help recruit new hires
- Stay on top of current trends
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- Extensive experience in high traffic apps Product Management and strong customer focus. Experience in fitness-related, games-related, or mobility-related apps is an important plus.
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders across the organisation, with competing goals, and build a clear roadmap all stakeholders align on
- Good knowledge of agile methodologies like Scrum & Kanban
- Team spirit and excellent communication skills
- Be passionate about bikes or mobility
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture.
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly competitive salary package
Just like our rider community in cities across Europe, diversity is a strength. No matter where you come from, or the path you’re on, Cowboy is inclusive and so is our workplace. Your unique skills, passion, and perspective will help us continue to transform mobility and urban life for the better.