- Date Posted
- Sep. 22, 2021
- Product Management
Cowboy is a Belgian startup that is developing innovative electric bikes for urban riders. Cowboy’s main goal is to improve urban mobility and take commuters to their destination in a more enjoyable, sustainable, and efficient manner.
Founded in 2017 by entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, Cowboy is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. Cowboy is the winner of the Eurobike 2017, the Red-Dot bicycle design award 2018, and the Red-Dot “Best of the Best” award for the Cowboy 2.
With traffic congestion plaguing metropolitan areas, electric bikes are proving to be the fastest means of transportation, beating cars and ground public transport. Cowboy’s vision is to elevate the daily commute to the next level in terms of speed, comfort, and freedom of movement around the city. Cowboy enhances the riding experience by unifying intelligent technology, delightful design, and meticulous customer service.
In April 2019, Cowboy launched its third model, the Cowboy 3, where it is sold in 8 countries (Germany, France, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom). In May 2021, Cowboy unveiled its fourth-generation electric bike, the Cowboy 4.
In July 2020, Cowboy raised €23 Million from international investors (including Exor Seeds, the early-stage investment arm of Exor, Isomer Capital, Future Positive Capital, and Index Ventures) in the Series B round. Cowboy plans to recruit 30+ new talent in the next six months, scale operations, and expand its footprint across Europe through its Test Ride and Mobile Service networks.
The role reports to the VP Creative Director and will be responsible for developing the social strategy aligning with the brand and communication strategy, setting the KPIs to measure success, and reporting back to key stakeholders on performance, as well as guiding its implementation with the creative team. The role is responsible for building and engaging our online community, driving traffic and sales, and building our brand through channel-appropriate storytelling.
What you’ll be doing
- Brief description of the day-to-day responsibilities and activities in the role.
- You will build out a strategy to grow Cowboy’s community; brand values and sales, based on the brand and content strategy and the marketing calendar.
- You will develop and maintain our social media calendars, schedule, and optimize daily social posts across multiple platforms.
- You will establish KPIs across social channels and measure against their performance, gathering key takeaways and insights and providing recommendations for further improvements
- You will continuously collaborate with our customer, marketing, and software teams to mine insights that can improve our performance.
- You will build ambassador and influencer programs across our social channels ensuring they personify Cowboy’s brand values and meet marketing objectives.
- You will regularly monitor customer feedback, comments, and social media posts sharing back insights and improvements
- You will prepare monthly reports for the key stakeholders providing crucial information and analysis that will form wider data-driven social media and brand communications strategies
- When working with our wholesale partners’ you will ensure our brand DNA is respected and delivered upon, and that we are optimizing their channels to improve our reach.
- You will monitor and report on the content activity of competitors, brands, and influencers across global social media networks
- You will stay on top of social media trends and best practices and ensure they are layered into the overall strategy as applicable, including testing and learning across new networks
- Pitch social angles and social-extension ideas that align with editorial and marketing objectives
- Respond to cultural events and topics that matter to our audience and you’ll share our support and vision around their cultural importance.
- A passion for story-telling and an ability to create imaginative content strategies.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, you’ll be comfortable pitching ideas built upon a sound strategic approach
- The ability to navigate the saturated world of social media and write strategic plans that create stand-out
- The electric bike industry is competitive. You’ll utilize strategic campaign planning to ensure measurable KPIs are met, including commercial targets, showing a strong understanding of analytics.
- You’re both reactive and proactive, understanding the need for planning and delivering time-sensitive communications in relation to world events.
- Entrepreneurial and a natural problem solver with experience working in high growth organizations that have faced-paced, reactive environments with overlaying priorities and deadlines
- Experience across global social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok + Asian platforms may be useful) with a deep understanding of how their algorithms work and can be exploited
- An understanding of SEO, web traffic metrics, and keyword search
- Deep knowledge and passion for social activations and digital trends.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Strong personal visual aesthetic and interest in visual arts and design
- Strong copywriting skills
- An understanding and passion for tech, innovation, sustainability and wellbeing
- Naturally curious, pragmatic and non-linear thinker leading you to be experimentative and innovative
- Excellent communication skills in order to liaise cross-functionally
- Strong networking skills to form relationships with influencers and KOLs
- Efficiency in your activity by creating and implementing standardised work methods
What we offer you
- Highly competitive package
- Opportunity to become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture
- Having a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Working with people who love what they do every day
Just like our rider community in cities across Europe, diversity is a strength. No matter where you come from, or the path you’re on, Cowboy is inclusive and so is our workplace. Your unique skills, passion, and perspective will help us continue to transform mobility and urban life for the better.