- Date Posted
- Sep. 30, 2021
- Software Engineering
Cowboy is a Belgian startup that is developing innovative electric bikes for urban riders. Cowboy’s main goal is to improve urban mobility and take commuters to their destination in a more enjoyable, sustainable and efficient manner.
Founded in 2017 by entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, Cowboy is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. Cowboy is the winner of the Eurobike 2017, the Red-Dot bicycle design award 2018 and the Red-Dot “Best of the Best” award for the Cowboy 2.
With traffic congestion plaguing metropolitan areas, electric bikes are proving to be the fastest means of transportation, beating cars and ground public transport. Cowboy’s vision is to elevate the daily commute to the next level in terms of speed, comfort and freedom of movement around the city. Cowboy enhances the riding experience by unifying intelligent technology, delightful design and meticulous customer service.
In April 2019, Cowboy launched its second model, the Cowboy 2, and introduced it to 8 additional countries (Germany, France, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom). In June 2020, Cowboy unveiled its third generation electric bike.
In July 2020, Cowboy raised €23 Million from international investors (including Exor Seeds, the early stage investment arm of Exor, Isomer Capital, Future Positive Capital and Index Ventures) in the Series B round. Cowboy plans to recruit 30+ new talent in the next six months, scale operations, and expand its footprint across Europe through its Test Ride and Mobile Service networks.
About the role
As an Android Developer you will have demonstrated experience designing and implementing mobile solutions. The ideal candidate will bring both strategic vision and solid execution skills to create native applications for mobile devices.
- Experience with Bluetooth devices is an advantage.
- Main responsibility areas of the role
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
- Participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing.
- Design and develop native mobile applications for Android
- Integrate mobile apps with RESTful web services
- Work with UX Designers, Mobile Architects and other Developers to build mobile solutions
- Work as part of an Agile team on bleeding edge technologies
- Some travel may be required
- 5+ years of experience in Android / mobile development
- Good written and spoken English communication
- Motivated, enthusiastic and a desire to work for a high growth, technically advanced start-up
- Version control (Git)
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK
- Kotlin, RxJava and Clean architecture preferred but Java experience considered
- Bluetooth experience or a desire to learn would be beneficial
- A general interest in bikes would be beneficial but not essential
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture.
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly competitive salary package
Just like our rider community in cities across Europe, diversity is a strength. No matter where you come from, or the path you’re on, Cowboy is inclusive and so is our workplace. Your unique skills, passion, and perspective will help us continue to transform mobility and urban life for the better.